If you are looking for how to connect the Bluetooth headphones to the PC or have stuck with the process of it, then here we have the detailed information on it explained on this page.
As we all are moving toward the wireless form in a very fast mode and we are connecting such devices to the laptops and PCs too. Bluetooth has always been the best technology in a wireless form which easily transmits the data between devices. For such, Microsoft has made it easier for connecting different types of peripherals with such technology.
Let’s move towards the steps required for connecting the Bluetooth headphones to the PC:-
Step 1 : Check the Bluetooth Module in PC
The first main step which you need to perform is to check whether your PC has the Bluetooth Module in it. Most of the Laptops and desktops don’t have this kind of hardware in it. Give a check to the manual of the PC if the Bluetooth module is there or not.
If such a feature is not there, then the adapter of the external Bluetooth Module is required for helping for the inability of the function of Bluetooth on the PC.
Step 2: Connect Device to the PC in the Pairing Mode
When you will enter the pairing mode, the device which you need to connect to the PC becomes discoverable. The required steps for entering the pairing mode depend on the device which you need to connect there.
- As the Bluetooth speakers and the headphones include a pairing button in it. For the activation of pairing mode, press and do the holding of the pairing button for a few seconds.
- If you are in use of the Bluetooth Speakers or the headphones for the first move, then it can be that they are going in the pairing mode in an automatic form when you give a try for turning them on.
- The procedure for pairing can be a bit different for the device that has been opened and the device that is paired already.
- Take a proper check that the device is not connected already to the Bluetooth device of the last one. The Bluetooth devices can connect automatically with the paired devices of previous ones if the Bluetooth is on and both of the devices are nearer to each other.
Step 3 : Turn on Bluetooth on the PC
# Windows 10 and 8
- Firstly, click on the button of Start and then go to the Settings app.
- Now click on the Devices there.
- Click here on the tab of Bluetooth & Other devices and check that the Bluetooth is in On position or not.
- If it is not in On position, then do the selection of More Bluetooth Options which is under the Related Settings.
- It will open the window of Bluetooth settings on the screen. Now in the Options tab, you will get the section of Discovery there with the option of Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC. Click on that option and then click on the button of Apply which is located on the downward side.
# Windows 7
- Visit the Control Panel.
- Do the use of Ctrl + F for searching for Bluetooth there.
- Now click on the Change Bluetooth settings and enable there all of the settings.
- Then click on the Apply button.
# Mac OS
- On the Mac, do the selection of Apple Menu and then go to System Preferences. After that, click on the Bluetooth button. You will find that the Mac now is in discoverable form. You can also go for the menu bar located on the upward side and can click on the icon of Bluetooth if it is there.
- Take a check that the Bluetooth is in enabled form.
Step 4 : Pairing and Setting Up of Device
# Windows 10 and 8
- Firstly, click on the button of Start and then do the selection of the Settings app.
- Now click on the Devices option there.
- In the tab of Bluetooth & other devices take a check that the button of Bluetooth is in On position. Then click on the option of Add Bluetooth or other devices.
- Then click on the Bluetooth button.
- Do the confirmation for the completion of pairing and then click on the Done button.
Now we have to check the settings of sound.
- In the option of Bluetooth& other devices, take a check that it says Connected voice, music. If you get this, then the headphones are paired and connected properly.
- Click on the option of Sound settings for the setting of sound input and output which is the Microphone.
- Now do the selection of WH-1000XM4 as the output device and the same as the input device.
- Take a proper check that WH-1000XM4 is in selection as both the input as well as an output device. Now you have to close the settings.
# Windows 7
- Firstly, click on the Start button.
- Now go to the Control Panel.
- Do the selection of Devices and Printers. Under that, click on the option of Add a device.
- Take a proper check that the Bluetooth headset is set to the Pairing Mode.
- Now you can do the selection of the required device which you need to connect.
- In the given Window of Add a device, do the selection of Bluetooth headset which you need to connect. It will give you the notification of Connecting to a device.
- Now the system may install the drivers in automatic form. It depends on the type of model you have. The code will be sent to you. The default one for this is 0000.
- As the device gets added, it will show you on the screen.
- When you will click on the button of Devices and Printers, it will give you information about the devices that are connected to the PC.
# Mac OS
- If the headphones are in the pairing mode, they will surely appear in the given Bluetooth list. Do the scrolling down of the screen if the device is not there which you need to connect.
- Now do the selection of the device and then click on the Pair button.
- Do the checking of the sound settings in the given system preferences for enabling the sound output.
Here we get to know how we can connect the Bluetooth devices to the PC. We discussed it’s a connection on various devices. You can easily turn off the Bluetooth device after it’s used by disconnecting it.