Sometimes when Windows user maps to a shared computer on the network running on Windows 10 find themself in a condition where they cannot able to access a shared folder in windows and if you also find themselves in this type of situation.
There is a simple process from which you can easily find out if the folder you access in your computer is shared with any other network. For this, you’ve open the Computer Management option through the search bar and navigate to the Shared Folders option. Where you can find all the shared folders available on your system.
Whenever you’re accessing a shared network folder in windows 10 all the time you then make sure you map that folder to the drive-in of your computer.
In this short tutorial, we are going to show how you can easily access a shared folder in windows without taking any help from others. Just follow the given step-by-step instructions and you’ll be rock without a hassle.
Basically, there are methods to access a shared folder in Windows 10. And we going to tell you both the method in this article.
- Mapping The Network Drive In Windows 10 For All Shared Folders
- Access Specific Shared Folder In Windows 10 Using IP Address
In this method, create a map of the network drive in your windows in My Computers where all drives are located. From this, you can easily able to access all the shared folders in windows in one place in one drive that you map using the below-given steps.
- Open File Explorer window by press (Windows+E) shortcut keys
- Now in Windows 10 go to This PC icon from the left side window sidebar and Click on the Computer tab
- After the second step, tap on the Map Network Drive button to open the Map Network dialogue box.
- Assign the drive letter (you can select any drive letter from the available list letters ).
- Click on the Browse button (that opens a mini-network window tab that shows listing an available room on the devices on the network ).
- Choose the server or network computer and after this shared folder. Now select the username and password to locate the network resource of the folder.
- Most importantly, make sure the Sign-In option is checked on the box and hit the Finished button.
After completing the seventh step you will see a new drive appears on This PC with the drive letter that you’ve assigned it. You can now easily access all the shared folders in windows 10 through drive without having a hassle.
You can also access shared folders in your computer windows using the IP addresses. For this, you’ve browsed the shared folder through the network in Nautilus. The easiest way to open Nautilus is to go to the File Manager (This PC) and press Ctrl+L shortcut keys. By this action, you’re able to see a text field where you’ve to type
Moreover, you can also connect the shared folder with places or locations on your computer. For this you’ve go to the places menu, choose “connect to server” and in the dialogue box that appears in it select “Windows Resource” now when the IP address into the serve.
By doing this you can create a shortcut for the shared folder and access them anywhere in your system without having a hassle.