YouTube is a free video-sharing website that was created in 2005. It has been around for over 12 years and continues to grow more popular every day. The site offers a lot of great content, but you can’t access all of it without paying a monthly subscription fee. There are two choices: YouTube Premium or YouTube TV. Which one should you choose? We will compare the features and benefits to help you decide which plan is best for your needs!
What does YouTube TV Offer?
YouTube TV is a streaming service that was released in April of 2017. It features live television shows, news channels, sports networks, and more. There are over 50 popular cable channels to choose from for just $35 per month! You can watch your favourite programs on any device with an internet connection.
– YouTube TV offers live television streaming which is included in the $35 per month subscription fee.
– There are more than 50 networks available with this service, so you can watch national and local broadcasts like CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, PBS Kids etc. Additionally, there are other channels on offer such as ESPN/ESPNU for sports fans, FX/FXX for entertainment lovers and even USA Network.
– You can watch YouTube TV on any device which includes computers, smart TVs (Samsung, LG etc.), streaming players like Roku or AppleTV as well as mobile devices such as iPhone & Android phones or tablets.
– Another great feature of YouTube TV is an unlimited cloud DVR. You can record whatever you want, whenever you want and as long as you need it with no storage limits at all!
– In case YouTube TV doesn’t work out for you, there are easy steps to cancel this service and get a refund of the subscription fee paid from them directly.
Note: This service is available in select areas only, so you need to check first if it is available in your location.
What Does YouTube Premium Offers?
YouTube Premium is a streaming service that was released in May of 2018. It features ad-free videos, background playback and downloads for all YouTube content as well as access to premium original shows such as Cobra Kai (a Karate Kid sequel series) or Impulse which is a sci-fi thriller series created by Doug Liman who directed Edge Of Tomorrow.
Unlike YouTube TV, YouTube Premium is not a live TV streaming service so it does not feature any local networks. However, the $11.99 per month subscription fee covers all YouTube videos with no advertisements and you can play them in the background as well as download them for offline use (you need to watch/listen within 30 days after downloading though). This means that you can watch all the YouTube videos you want, even when you are offline.
– You can use Youtube premium on any device that includes computers, smart TVs (Samsung, LG etc.), streaming players like Roku or AppleTV as well as mobile devices such as iPhone & Android phones or tablets.
– Get access to every single video uploaded to YouTube ad-free and with the ability to play them in the background as well as download videos for offline use.
– In case Youtube Premium doesn’t work out for you, there are easy steps to cancel this service and get a refund of the subscription fee paid from YouTube directly.
Note: This service is available worldwide so everyone can subscribe.
YouTube Premium is a paid subscription service that eliminates ads from all YouTube videos and allows you to play them in the background as well as download them for offline use. However, this service does not provide access to live TV shows or local networks so it’s more suitable for people who mainly watch online content on their computers rather than mobile devices.
What Devices Do YouTube TV and YouTube Premium support?
YouTube TV and YouTube Premium can be used on any device with an internet connection that includes computers, smart TVs (Samsung, LG etc.), streaming players like Roku or Apple TV as well as mobile devices such as iPhone & Android phones or tablets.
Does buying YouTube Premium or YouTube TV worth it?
Both YouTube Premium and YouTube TV offer great value for the subscription fee you pay. However, if you want to watch live television shows or local broadcasts such as CBS or NBC then we recommend going with YouTube TV. This service provides access to over 50 popular cable channels which is why it offers better value than a regular $11.99 per month streaming service.
On the other hand, if you are mainly interested in online content (YouTube videos) then YouTube Premium is what fits your needs more since it provides ad-free access to all these videos with no limitations which makes it worth paying for!
YouTube Premium or YouTube TV: Which One is best?
If you are a fan of YouTube videos and use this service on your computer as well as mobile devices, then we highly recommend that you subscribe to YouTube Premium which will cost $11.99 per month only.
However, if live TV is more appealing for you or you mostly watch offline content such as movies or TV shows but still want to benefit from the ad-free experience, then we would suggest you subscribe to YouTube TV for $35 per month.
With YouTube Premium, you can watch all your favourite videos without advertisements and even download them for offline use. However, this service does not provide access to live TV shows or local broadcasts which is why we recommend it only if your main interest is online content (YouTube).
On the other hand, with YouTube TV you get access to over 50 popular cable channels but the main downside is that you can’t watch videos offline.
Based on this comparison, we recommend going with YouTube Premium for $11.99 per month which provides access to all content without advertisements and lets you download it for offline use! Check out our other posts about online streaming services such as Netflix or Hulu Plus!
Remember: You can cancel your subscription anytime if YouTube Premium doesn’t seem like a right fit for you.