Sleep Timer: Spotify added a sleep timer function to its mobile app in 2019, enabling users to set a time restriction on their usage and avoid wasting their battery. The timer is excellent for folks who require music or noise to fall asleep but don’t want their smart device’s battery to be drained overnight.
Here’s how to utilize Spotify’s sleep timer to listen to your favorite music without draining your battery.
How To Use Spotify To Establish a Sleep Timer
1. On your iPhone or Android device, open the Spotify app. Sign in to your Spotify account if necessary.
2. Choose the music or podcast you’d want to hear.
3. Tap the “…” button in the top-right corner of the screen once you’ve chosen your music or podcast.
4. Scroll down and hit “Sleep timer,” which will take you to a new page.
5. Set a time limit for how long Spotify should play before turning it off automatically. You may choose between five minutes and an hour. After you’ve chosen a time limit, you’ll get a message in the middle of your screen indicating that your sleep timer has been activated.
The Benefits of Using the Spotify Sleep Timer
If you open the Spotify app in the evening and listen to a piece of peaceful or soothing music, you may want to switch on the sleep timer just in case.
It’s not only for your good health that you make sure the music stops after you’ve fallen off to sleep; it’s also to avoid being woken up in the middle of the night by the noise. When listening to Spotify late at night, there are a few reasons why you may want to set a timer:
- Keeping the battery alive
- Preventing the misuse of data
- Getting a good night’s sleep in a calm environment
How to Disable Spotify’s Sleep Timer
You may wish to adjust the length or turn off the Spotify sleep timer once you’ve switched it on. It may be done in the same way as setting it up, and it will prevent the app from shutting off the music or stopping it after a certain length of time.
- When a piece of music is playing, tap the three dots symbol in the upper right corner.
- The sleep timer will display a green moon and the remaining time. Tap the Sleep Timer button.
- To keep the music playing, scroll down and hit Turn off timer.
Recommendations for a Sleep Playlist
You undoubtedly have a playlist or album in mind, but if you’re searching for other music to fall asleep to while testing out the timer on Spotify, here are a few suggestions:
- Ocean sounds: Enjoy the sounds of the beach from the comfort of your own home.
- Tycho: Mostly peaceful, electronic instruments to give your dreams a little movement.
- Ben Webster is a jazz icon with mellow tones.
How to Use Spotify’s iPhone Sleep Timer
Because the functionality is being rolled out through a software update, ensure you’ve downloaded the most recent version of the Spotify app from the App Store before proceeding. If you don’t see the feature in the Spotify app, wait until later in the day, when the rollout should have reached you.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Spotify app.
- Start listening to your favorite music or podcast.
- The artwork and playback controls will be front and center on the “now playing” panel.
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen if you’re listening to music. Tap the small moon symbol in the bottom-right corner if you’re listening to a podcast.
- From the list of choices that appears, scroll down and pick Sleep Timer.
- Set the timer for a certain amount of time. There are six different time intervals to select from, ranging from five minutes to an hour. Choose End of track or End of the episode if you’re easily distracted.
- The moon symbol that shows next to the playback controls indicates that the Sleep Timer feature is activated. If you’ve set a timer but haven’t yet fallen asleep, go back in and touch Turn off Timer or Select More Time.
Check out Spotify’s Sleep playlists for some ideas if you’re looking for something to listen to before bed.
Many people are influenced by music. It’s sometimes all you need to unwind at the end of the day. You don’t have to worry about wasting more battery life than required if you use a timer. The program also works with other music applications, so you won’t have to delete it if you stop using Spotify.