As the setup of the donations on Twitch is popular for earning money at the time of streaming on Twitch. Setting the system of donation is a bit complicated than just enabling the donate button on the user profile of twitch.
Here we have the solutions of four popular donations for the streamers of twitch and how you can use them.
Donations of PayPal on Twitch
The easy way for accepting the donations on Twitch is through the use of PayPal. Streamers can question the viewers for sending money directly by the use of email addresses which is in association with the streamers of the PayPal account. The easy option is to set thehttps://www.paypal.com/in/webapps/mpp/paypal-me link that will streamline the whole process for the viewers and along with the design of clean one for the interface with easy to understand.
Follow the given ways for the use of PayPal.me address for receiving the donations on twitch:-
- Do the posting of the link in the chat of the channel. It will not only get the attention of the viewers but also will be even much affective, as the link is clickable through the chat.
- Check that you mention the address of full PayPal.me at the time of streaming.
- Do the addition of the section of donation to the page of Twitch Channel through the channel. Click on the switch of Edit Panels and then click on the giant + symbol. Then you have to fill the panel Title and the Description fields and add there the PayPal.me link in the Description there. Also, add there the brief will the explanation that why you think that viewers must donate.
Bits, which are also known as cheers, are the official donation system of twitch. They are a bit complicated than just sending the cash to the streamer by simply pushing the button. It is available only for the affiliates of twitch and for the partners. They are essentially a form of currency in digital type which is directly purchased through twitch with the money of real-world by the use of Amazon Payments.
Also, they can be in use through the stream chatbox of twitch for triggering the special audio as well as the alert onscreen. As in the form of reward for in the use of their bits, users may earn the badges of special ones that are shown at the side of their names in the chat if stream. More bits they will use the mire rank they will get of the badges which they will earn. The streamer of twitch earns for about $1 for every bit of 100 which is 1 cent on each bit at the time of the stream.
The twitch enables cheering automatically for all the new affiliates and partners. Settings for cheering are provided under Dashboard in the option of partner settings then under the Bits & Cheering.
Viewers can do the use of their bits in the channel by typing there cheer and number of bits they want to take in use. As if the cheer6 uses six bits, then cheer2000 will use 2,000.
Bitcoin and the other Cryptocurrencies
The use of Cryptocurrencies as Litecoin, Bitcoin, and Ethereum for sending as well as receiving of the funds in online form continues to increase due to their speed, lower fees of the transaction, and security. Receiving of the payment in the wallet of Cryptocurrency is as easy as sharing the address of wallet with another person.
Here we have explained how you can perform this:-
- You have to open the app of selected Cryptocurrency. For the new users, Bitpayis the popular wallet app to use.
- Click on the button of Receive or the link. All of the wallets will have such an option other than the currency or the app maker.
- It will show the single line of the random numbers along with the letters and it will be your wallet address. Click on the address for copying it to the clipboard of the device.
- After that do the creation of the donation section on the profile of twitch on the page of the PayPal section.
- Then paste the address of wallet in the field of Description. Take a proper check to mention what about the Cryptocurrency the address of the wallet is for. The users will not be able to send Ethereum to the wallet of Litecoin or the Bitcoin to the wallet of Ethereum therefore it is necessary to correctly show the address.
Page Services of Twitch Donations
The streamers of twitch can connect to the account to the various third-party services for the activation of additional features that are alerts and donations. Some of the famous of them are Much, Gaming For Good, StreamLabs, and Stream Elements. All of these services do the creation of a unique donation page for the channel on the server of own. There you can direct the viewers for donating.
Here we have the steps in setting up the donation page. Here we are taking StreamLabs as an example.
- On the given dashboard of StreamLabs, click on the Donation Settings.
- Then go to the PayPal icon for connection with the PayPal account to the StreamLabsby which the viewers can send the donations to the account of PayPal in the direct form from the page of donation. Also, you can add the other options of payment that are credit cards, Skrill, or Unitpay. Though PayPal should be the method of primary one to activate.
- Then from the Donations Settings do the selection of the currency.
- Click on the Save Settings option which is located at the downward side of the given page.
- The page of Settings will show the website address of the donations page. Copy that and then add it to the section of donation on the page of Twitch Channel.
Is it ok to accept donations on Twitch?
As it is the common practice to accept tips and donations on Twitch. Neither the viewers and also not the streamers frown on it. Donations are the few ways channels of smaller forms by which revenue can be generated. When you will have several followers and will become the affiliate partner of twitch, then you have to learn about the Twitch subscriptions. They have proven that earning higher sums other than off donations will provide potential to the users in time.
Preventing the Donation Chargebacks
The use of PayPal can be the perfect and the method of trustworthiness in accepting the donations. Though it does include the flaw in the major form it is exploited by the scammers. It happens when someone who has given some of the amounts online through PayPal and files a complaint that they don’t have received the item which they purchased from it. For the streamers, the reports are increasing daily of the internet trolls as well as the scammers who are donating the large amount to the channels of Twitch only to get them back later. You will not be able to protect your self from online scamming.
Here we discussed the setting up of the donations on twitch. We have understood four ways of it here. Give a read to this topic and tell us in the comment section on it. Also, read our more topics for more info.