Lots of time Mac or the PC users have to select multiple files using the Finder for moving, deleting, or performing any task. In case if you don’t know how to select multiple files on Mac. Well, here is the guide to perform it. In this article, we are going to tell you some of the methods to select several files at a time without having a hassle.
To Select Contiguous Files or Folder
If you looking to select multiple Contiguous files or folder on your Mac system using the Finder then here the proper steps to perform it.
If you want to select contiguous items (file/folder) on mac.
- Click on the First File or Folder that you want to select to perform any task.
- Press, Shift + Click on the last file (or folder) you want to choose.
In case, if you wanted to add non-contiguous files into the selection then here the steps.
- Command+Click on the File you wanted to add.
- Press the left click and drag the cursor throughout the contiguous (files/folders) you want to select.
- Press the shift key and click the down-arrow in the keyboard. This will select the contiguous items.
To Select Non-Contiguous Files or Folder
Now, if you wanted to select multiple files/folder on macOS using the Finder. Then here the steps.
- Press, Command + Click on the (files or folder) you want to add to the selection individually.
In case if you wanted to select more than two files or more contiguous files that themselves non-contiguous then follow these steps.
- Choose the first file or folder.
- Press, Shift + Click the last file folder to organize the selection one.
- Again, Command + Click the first file in the second selection group.
- Shift + Click the last file in that selection group.
To Select All The Items on Mac at Once
If you wanted to select all the items on your Mac. Then there are three methods to perform it.
- Press, Command+A on the Keyboard.
Just like the Windows, it’s a shortcut keys to select all the items on the folder or files without having a hassle.
- Go to the Finder and click on the Edit and select “Select All” from the menu list.
- Click on the first file in the folder and while pressing the click-drag down to the last file in the folder.