It feels very bad when you have set a mood for privately watching a damn good movie or you have set your mind to get it refreshed by some good music with your headphones and right after plugging the headphone jack to your personal computer, you have got a message that your headphones have not been recognized.
Upgrading something for moving forward and hassling with its features can be annoying. If you are struggling with headphones not working in windows 10. Then here are some effective fixes for you. Which can be helpful for you setting a sound device.
Hence, shoot your trouble here of not being able to listen to anything with headphones. Moreover, hook to the article till the end. Thus, you can get back the music of your life into your ears. Try these mentioned tricks below and solve your hassle.
8 Tips to Fix Headphones Not Working in Windows 10
Well, here are 6 tips to fix headphone issues in Windows 10.
Use the Windows 10 Troubleshooter
Microsoft Windows 10 comes with lots of pre-installed programs such as Windows Defender, Troubleshooter, Windows Media Player and many more. Well when somethings goes wrong with your computer then before make changes into the settings.
Make sure you firstly access the Troubleshooter options that let you whats does wrong with your computer or the any particular service or feature. In case if you don’t how to use Troubleshooter then don’t worry just follow below given step by step instrutions to better understand the entire process without having a hassle.
- Go to the Taskbar and right click on the Sound/Speaker icon and then tap on the Troubleshoote Sound Problems.
- After this choose the headphones and then tap on the Next button.
Wait for few mintues until Troubleshooter completes the scanning of the problem that cause issue with the sound.
Restart Your Computer
The first and simple way to fix headphones in your window 10 is to restart your computer. So, that it can start from the beginning. Also, keep the headphone plugin. Only after that, will you be able to fix that issue. After you restart your computer don’t jump onto clicking and opening.
Hold a minute and let the icons appear on the computer screen. Later, check if your headphones are working or not. It is the easiest and most effective way to let your headphones connect in your window 10. But in case If it doesn’t work you can move on to the second technique.
Use the Audio Troubleshooter
After restarting your computer system in case if the problem of the headphones still exist then you can also perform an Audio Troubleshooter. Most of the time when using the Windows Troublershooter cannot able to fix the issue then you can also use the Audio Troubleshooter to reslove the issue. Because most of the time using the Audio Troubleshooter can fix the issue.
Follow the below given step by step instrutions to use the Audio Troubleshooter.
- Go to the Start Menu and then use the search bar to open Windows Settings.
- Once the Windows Settings open then navigate to the Start > Settings > Updates & Security.
- Tap on the Troubleshooter > Playing Audio options.
- Click on the Run The Troubleshooter and then follow on-screen instrutions.
After following all the six steps, then restart your computer to applied all the changes that is done using the Troubleshooter.
Recheck The Sound After Restart
Yeah! Sounds funny but you have to check whether you have enabled your playback device or not. These are minor mistakes that people often make. And put themselves into a troublesome situation. Luckily! You have this website that helps you with every technical issue. So, do check your device playback. Consequently, move your mouse into the notification taskbar and click right on the speaker 🔊 icon.
After that, you will see a speaker as a written default device and remote audio. So, you have to click on that and two options will pop up. Firstly, show disables the device and show disconnected devices. You have to click on the disabled device. Again, click on ok to save the changes. Above all, keep your headphones connected while proceeding with all steps. Check if your headphones work in Windows 10.
Setup Headphones as Default Device
What if you will set your headphone as the default device. After following the steps your headphone has not been connected. Well, not an issue. Now, what you have to do is press the window logo key and X at the same time on your keyboard. Then a menu appears on the screen? Choose the control panel and change your category.
Also, hArdware and sound. Next, click on headphones in the playback connectivity. Click set default. Accordingly, tap on speaker/headphones. Press ok for letting this change be done. And, enjoy your music, audio or movie here.
Install Realtek HD Audio Manager
Installation of Realtek HD audio manager will be proof of luck. Plus, if you are already using it then change the settings. How? Here, I will tell you how to fix the headphone problem in Windows 10. Firstly, click on the Realtek HD audio manager and open it. Likewise, click on the icon that is appearing in the upper right corner.
After that two options will pop up. One is to disable the front panel jack detection and another is to enable auto popup dialogue when the device has been plugged in. Choose first, disabled the front panel jack detection. Your problem will be solved. But if it is not working yet, try another trick.
The Auto Driver Needs an Update
As this will be clear in your mind after reading the title that you should update the auto driver. According to me, if you don’t want to waste your precious time then install DRIVER EASY. Even if you know how to update the auto driver manually because it will save you time.
Because the driver easily automatically updates the pro and free version. Again, the free version will take time and the pro will fix it in a few steps. As I told you, installing the driver is easy. Secondly, click on scan now. It will scan your device and detect problems. Therefore, update all automatically. Hence, hear your favourite song in your headphones.
No Need for an IDT Audio Device
Immediately uninstall the IDT audio device from the device. For opening the menu press the window logo and X at the same time on your keyboard. select-control panel click programs and features. Find out where the IDT audio driver is written in the menu and uninstall it by clicking on it. Thus, restart your computer and check whether it is working or not.
Headphones Not Working In Windows 10 PC
It spoils the mood. Here in this article, we are going to discuss the possible ways to fix this problem especially when you are using windows 10 on your PC. Let us get started.
If you have Realtek software installed in your PC, then ‘disabling the front panel jack detection’ may help you to fix your issue. To apply that, you have to follow the below-mentioned methodology:
- At first, make a right-click on the “Start” button. Then you have to click on “Run”.
- After that, find the “Control Panel” and then open it after finding it.
- Now, you have to enter into the “Hardware & Sound”.
- Next, you have to find the “Realtek HD Audio Manager”.
- Click on it and then you have to go to the “Connector Settings”.
- When the settings will open, please click on “Disable front panel jack detection” (by checking the box).
After following the whole process, try your headphones again. Your problem may get fixed. If this method doesn’t fix the “Windows 10 won’t recognize headphones issue”, then try the other solutions.
Check the Audio Device Settings
You can set your headphone as a default playback device and try to fix your issue. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, make a right-click on the “Start” button. Then, go to the “Control Panel”.
- After that, you have to select the option called “Hardware & Sound”.
- Now, you have to make a left-click on “Sound”.
- Next, under the “Playback” option, you have to make a right-click and amongst all the options, you have to select “Show Disabled devices”.
- You will get a list of headphones. Make a right-click on your headphone model name/device name. After that, you have to select “Enable”.
- Now, make a left-click on “Set as Default” and tap on “Apply”.
Update Audio Driver on Windows 10
If still not fixed, then updating your audio driver may fix your issue. Using a utility tool, you can update your audio driver, restart your PC, and then try your headphones to see whether it is working or not.
To update the audio driver, you’ve to follow these steps.
- Go to the Start menu and search for “Device Manager” and open it.
- Now from the list of devices on the device manager window. Scroll and find Sound & Hardware and open it.
- Go to the Driver tab, and click on the Update Driver button to update the audio driver.
If still, your issue remains the same, then you can try out the below-mentioned method also. You can change the default sound format to take a chance.
Change Sound Format in Windows 10
It is possible if, on your Windows 10, the default sound format is not set correctly, then you may have the “headphones are not working problem” again and again. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, make a right-click on “Start”.
- Then please click on “Control Panel”, as previous methods say.
- Now you have to click on “Hardware & Sound” and enter into it.
- After that, select “Sound”.
- Next, make a double click on “Default Playback device” which is under the “Playback”.
- After that, you have to switch to the “Advanced tab” and you have to change the default sound format from the drop-down menu there.
With this, we hope your issue will be fixed.
Above mentioned 6 effective tricks will make your device connect with headphones. Whether it is window 10 or something. So, try these out for fixing the headphones issues in Windows 10. Furthermore, you can try ChromeOS so that your device will run faster, smoother and secure.
Hence, you will find no issue with headphones connectivity. Meanwhile, following the above-written techniques. Make sure you plug your headphones into the same device. Otherwise, you won’t be able to fix it.