What is Xbox Game Pass and what are the benefits for the gamers? In this article, we are going to explain all about the Xbox Game Pass.
Have you ever wished that there was a Netflix for video games? Well, an Xbox game pass may be the next best thing. This article is an overview of what this service offers and how it can improve your gaming experience.
What is Xbox Game Pass?
The Xbox game pass is one of Microsoft’s newest additions to their gaming line-up.
It is a service that allows gamers to download all of the newest Xbox games every month for $19.99 USD (for a yearly subscription).
It is a monthly flat rate that allows you access to 100+ games on the console, with multiple enhancements compared to what you get if you were just buying your games individually.
You can either pay $20 per month for this service or purchase an annual pass at a discounted rate of $120 (about $60 savings).
Xbox game pass is a Netflix-like subscription service for video games. Subscribers can play more than 100 Xbox One and backward compatible Xbox 360 titles on their consoles at no additional cost, with new games added to the library every month.
Benefits of Xbox Game Pass
1. The biggest benefit that comes with this service is that you don’t have to pay $50 (or more) for a game that you may only play once or twice. Instead, every month the games are changed out so subscribers can check out new titles without having to commit long-term.
2. With Xbox game pass, you can download 100+ games on the console without spending a lot of extra money for new releases that will just collect dust after being played once or twice.
3. You also have access to these titles as long as you are subscribed (even if you cancel). You do not need to worry about losing access to your game library if you choose not to renew.
4. The service also allows you to share this subscription with up to four family members or friends (for an additional fee) so everyone can experience the benefits of Xbox game pass without paying for separate subscriptions.
5. Microsoft is planning on adding all future titles offered through Games with Gold to Xbox game pass for subscribers to download and play.
6. It is meant to be an easy and affordable way for gamers to test games they may have been curious about, but not sure if they wanted to spend the money.
7. Another advantage of the Xbox game pass is that it allows players who have a slow, unreliable, or expensive internet connection to play the latest games without having to worry about how long it takes to download or if they will be able to connect.
It is an all-you-can-play buffet that allows you to try new games without the risk of not being able to play at all.
What Games are Included in Xbox Game Pass?
This service offers 100+ Xbox games that you can download and play each month.
They currently offer the following game titles for this subscription:
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Gears of War Ultimate Edition
- Forza Motorsport series (all except Horizon) (Note: There are a number of other racing games available but they may not be part of the Forza series.)
- Killer Instinct Definitive Editions Gears of War Judgement Ori and the Blind Forest State of Decay
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (Note: There are a number of other games but this is just to give you an idea. For more information, visit their website.)
What Devices Can I Use Xbox Game Pass on?
Currently, the Xbox game pass offers downloads for the following consoles and PCs (Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox 360). Xbox game pass is available on the following devices: PlayStation® Now (PS Now) will be coming soon to these consoles.
What are the system requirements? Can I play on my PC or Mac? Xbox game pass is available for download to Windows-based PCs running Windows® XP SP ½, 32 bit
How Much Does it Cost?
You can pay $20 per month or save some money by purchasing the annual subscription for $120 (about $60 savings).
If you choose to go with a six-month plan, this will be $45 every 180 days instead of paying the monthly rate.
However, If you choose to go with the annual plan, this will be $120 every 365 days ($20 savings). With an Xbox game pass there is no commitment so you can cancel at any time. You do not have to worry about
How Do I Cancel Xbox Game Pass Subscription?
You can cancel your subscription at any time by following these steps:
Go to ‘My Games & Apps on your Xbox One console. Scroll right to the ‘Memberships’ section and select ‘Manage Game Pass.’ Select ‘Turn Off Auto-Renewal.’ (Note: This will end your current active membership.)
Where Do I Buy Xbox Game Pass?
You can buy Xbox game pass on their website, through the Microsoft Store online or in physical locations.
Is There a Free Trial?
There are currently not any free trials being offered at this time. However, with Xbox game pass you have access to all of the games for as long as your subscription is active (even if you do not renew).
Will Xbox Game Pass be Coming To Nintendo Switch and PS Vita?
Microsoft has not made any announcements about expanding this service to other consoles. However, they do plan on adding more games to the service over time.
What Are Some of the New Features That Will Be Available?
Microsoft is planning on adding all future titles offered through Games with Gold to the Xbox game pass for subscribers to download and play. This means you’ll soon be able to try out upcoming EA games like Battlefield V at no extra cost.
What is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate? Is it Different From Xbox Game Pass?
Xbox game pass ultimate is a premium version of the original Xbox game pass. It offers all of the same benefits as a regular Xbox game passes but gives you access to even more titles such as new release games and pre-order downloads (before they are available with normal subscriptions).
With a subscription to Xbox game pass ultimate, you can download and play new releases like Fallout 76, NBA Live 19, Battlefield V, Anthem, Hitman Season Two and many more.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also offers all games in The Fast & Furious series from the original movie to the latest release. If you are a fan of this series, this is a great option. It also includes all games from the Gears of War franchise and Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
Xbox game pass ultimate will cost you $14.99 per month or save some money by purchasing the annual subscription for $100 (about a savings of $25). With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate there is no commitment so you can cancel at any time. You do not have to worry about it.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the frequently asked questions related to the Xbox Game Pass with complete information.
Is Xbox Game Pass free?
In exchange for access to the game collection, members pay a monthly subscription fee. I’m afraid you’re out of luck if you’re seeking for completely limitless Xbox Game Pass access. Taking advantage of trials is the only way to earn a free subscription.
How much does the Xbox Game Pass cost per month?
When you join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you’ll have access to Xbox Live Gold, EA Play, and cloud-based play across multiple devices. Unless you cancel your subscription through your Microsoft Account, your subscription will automatically renew at $14.99 per month.
Can you play online without Xbox Game Pass?
Yes, depending on the game—though multiplayer requires either Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or an Xbox Live Gold subscription (sold separately). Note Xbox Live Gold is no longer required to play free-to-play online multiplayer games.
What is the difference between Game Pass and Ultimate Game Pass?
Xbox Game Pass (Ultimate & PC) comes with a slew of perks and provides you access to hundreds of titles on Xbox Live. On Windows, iOS, and Android, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate gives you the benefits of a Microsoft Solitaire Collection Premium Subscription as well as the exclusive Game Pass card back in the Microsoft Solitaire Collection.