what to do if you lost firestick remote? – Some people are troubled by the fact that they cannot find the remote control when they want to watch TV. In particular, it happens with the Fire TV Remote, which has a petite size and disappears from view very quickly as it is so tiny in size.
It has never been easier to navigate your TV with our temporary solution if you miss your Fire TV remote control. With that being said, let’s now go ahead and explore our options for controlling the Fire TV without having to use a remote control or WiFi. Here are a few ways you can manage Fire TV without the use of remote control.
What is Amazon Firestick
Upon setting up your Amazon Fire TV stick, WiFi is its base connection. When you do that, you should be able to access the content. There is a Bluetooth remote included with each Fire TV Stick, so to connect with your Fire TV Stick, you will have to use Bluetooth. You can only use the Firestick this way to get to the point where you need to pair the device.
As soon as you purchase the Firestick for the first time, you will need the remote to pair it with the lost firestick remote. It should not be an issue because most people will not lose it in the first place. It would be impossible to perform any work if you were to lose your Fire TV remote, the Fire TV stick would still turn on, but you would not be able to navigate.
Nevertheless, the worst thing that can happen is that the lost firestick remote is lost at a place where the WiFi is also configured differently from how it is in your house. This guide will cover all aspects of this subject.
Lost Firestick Remote
All kinds of solutions have been mentioned. If you have lost your Fire TV lost firestick remote and you do not have WiFi at home, then we have the answer to that as well. From the links below, you will be able to find all of the solutions.
When You Lose Your Firestick Remote in Home or Office
It is almost certain that you will eventually find your lost firestick remote when it is temporarily located within the premises of your building. There won’t be a replacement until then, so you will have to replace it so you can navigate around the Fire TV OS interface before you miss your favorite TV series.
For those who are unaware, you can control your Fire TV stick with your smartphone through an app that can be downloaded to your phone. All you need to do is use the Fire TV lost firestick Remote App on your phone or tablet to do this easily. After you have configured the app for use as a lost firestick remote control, you will be able to take advantage of the app’s capabilities.
It can be accomplished by downloading and installing the Fire TV app from Google Play or App Store on your Android or iOS device. Now that you have opened the app, you should be able to locate your Fire TV Stick.
When you connect your phone to your Fire TV Stick using the same network, you will be able to see the Fire TV Stick via the Fire TV app on your smartphone. Your TV screen will now show you a four-digit code that you will need to enter. By tapping on this, you will be able to begin pairing your device.
To pair your device with your Fire TV, you must enter the pin inside the app.
Suddenly you can use your Android or iOS smartphone to use the Fire TV Stick. You need to make sure that both devices are connected to the same network for this to work.
The Fire TV Stick App will be able to connect successfully to your Fire TV Stick so that you will be able to utilize it to navigate inside your Fire TV Stick once the connection is established. The Fire TV app uses swipe gestures to navigate your way around within the Fire TV OS. You need to navigate to that option/movie/series and tap once on your Fire TV application to open or play something.
If you lose your lost firestick remote control and are looking for an alternative, then this is an excellent choice. There are times when you might be so lazy to get out of your blanket on a cold winter night that you use this app while your remote is working.
Install The Amazon Fire TV App on Your Device
1. Even though it is not common for people to lose their Fire TV remote controls, this is not a cause for concern. To manage and enjoy Fire TV content, you can simply use your smartphone.
To start watching, you will need to install the Amazon Fire TV app (Android / iOS – Free) and sign in to your Amazon account.
2. When you sign in to the TV using your smartphone, the smartphone will automatically detect the TV. Click on it to get started. If you wish to use this method directly from your Fire TV, you will have to connect your device to the same WiFi network as your phone for it to work.
3.As you enter the four-digit code you will see displayed on the screen of your Fire TV, you will be asked to verify your account. Then you should enter it and go ahead with the process.
4. Introducing the interface of the Fire TV Stick, which is almost identical to that of a Fire TV. Additionally, you can open the Settings app, move around using the navigation keys, summon Alexa, control the volume and do almost everything you would be able to do with the remote. It didn’t take me too much effort to do that, did it?
The Amazon Fire TV App Without WiFi
To use the Fire TV app for lost firestick remote navigation, even if you don’t have a WiFi connection at home, you can manually create a WiFi hotspot using the app’s settings. Two smartphones will be required for this setup – one device will create a WiFi hotspot and another that will let you control the Fire TV with its app.
1.To start with, open the Settings menu on your smartphone and select the WiFi Hotspot option. Move to network and WiFi -> Hotspot and tethering -> WiFi Hotspot, and you will find that option. In this case, it is necessary to rename the hotspot to the same WiFi network previously associated with your Fire TV.
2. You should also change the password from the previous network to the one used on the current one. We are making the setup identical so that Fire TV can automatically connect to the WiFi hotspot without any intervention on the part of the user.
3. Now that the WiFi hotspot has been configured, switch it on and restart your TV as soon as possible. The TV should automatically connect to the newly created hotspot once it has been completed.
4. Then, connecting the other phone to the same WiFi hotspot and installing the Amazon Fire TV (Android / iOS – Free) app, sign in to your Amazon account, and finally, enjoy all of the content you have been searching for. The Fire TV will now be detected by the app and scanned for updates when they become available.
5. Now, you will have to tap on it and then enter the code displayed on your television set to make it work. As long as you have your Fire TV lost firestick remote with you, you can navigate and do all the same things you would typically do with it.
Amazon Fire TV Can Be Controlled Remotely With Alexa
1. If you have an Alexa-capable speaker in your home, you can use it to play content on your Fire TV. Simply ask, “Alexa, play my Fire TV content,” and the device will do its thing. Our linked article contains a list of all Alexa commands available to you.
2. Please keep in mind that you have to be on the same wireless network as your Fire TV and Alexa speaker for this to work.
Use The TV Remote If You Lose The Fire TV Remote
The Fire TV Stick can be controlled using your TV lost firestick remote. The answer is yes.
It is common now to find TVs equipped with something called HDMI CEC, allowing them to communicate with multiple connected devices through HDMI. The TV remote works in the same way that the Fire TV uses the HDMI-CEC protocol to transmit the instructions if a button on the TV lost firestick remote is pressed.
Therefore, to sum up, I am glad to report that you can navigate your Fire TV menus with the remote control that comes with your TV. If you lose your Fire TV lost firestick remote in case you forget to use it, you can still use all of the basic shortcuts and button combinations (for example, casting).
Use The Keyboard And Mouse
If none of the above worked for you due to WiFi, no smartphone, or no lost firestick remote, then connect your computer’s keyboard and mouse to the Fire TV. You can connect either a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse to your TV, and it’ll work perfectly. As Fire TV Sticks do not include a micro USB splitter, you might need to purchase one from Amazon ($6). The Stick does not come with a power supply.
Replace Your Remote With A New One
For any Fire TV users who have lost firestick remote control and have not been able to get it working, they are left with no choice but to buy a new lost firestick TV remote control. There is currently no price for the 1st gen Alexa Voice Remote ($27.99), but it is available on Amazon.
Now that you have the TV lost firestick remote in your hands, you just need to grab it. You will need an Amazon Fire TV device to utilize it – whether the first-generation or the third-generation. You will find many options to choose from if you go through the linked article, and we will help you find a Fire Stick replacement lost firestick remote that is more affordable.
To control and manage a lost FireStick remote without winter night remote control, we have listed some methods below. I believe that the Amazon Fire TV app would be more than sufficient for most users, but if you want seamless navigation, you will need a WiFi network that is available throughout the network.
Anyhow, we’re going to leave it there for now. Please comment down below if you have any issues and we will be able to help you. Thank you for your time. If there is something we can do to help you, we will surely try.