There are a few reasons why your Chromecast may not be working. It could have an issue with the wifi connection, it might need to update, or it needs to be reset. If you’re having trouble with your Chromecast and don’t know how to fix the problem, then this article is for you! We will discuss 5 easy steps that will enable you to reset your Chromecast so it’s good as new again.
Chromecast is an awesome invention that enables you to stream your favorite programs from a variety of devices including computers, tablets and smartphones onto your tv screen. However, Chromecast isn’t without its issues and might need some troubleshooting sometimes. If you’ve tried everything but still haven’t solved the problem, then it’s time to try resetting your Chromecast.
Resetting a device is probably something most people don’t know how to do, but it’s actually fairly simple. In this article, we’ll discuss how to reset a Chromecast in five easy steps.
How To Reset Your Chromecast on Device – Chromecast with Google TV
You can conduct a factory reset on your Chromecast by using the power button.
Before you start, make sure that your Chromecast is plugged into a power source and that it’s turned on. Then, use the following steps to reset:
1. Find the Chromecast’s power button. It usually rests on the back of your device.
2. Press and hold it for 25 seconds (or until the led light begins flashing yellow). Once the solid light begins to flash, it means that your Chromecast is in setup mode.
3. After you’ve held it for 25 seconds, the led light will now turn white. Release the button. Your Chromecast should begin its factory reset process.
How To Reset Your Chromecast on the Google Home App
Another way to reset your Chromecast is through the Google Home app.
1. Open up the Google Home application on your smart device (android or iOS). Make sure it’s connected to the same wifi network as Chromecast.
2. Then, tap on Devices . You should see your Chromecast in the list of devices. Tap on your Chromecast’s name.
3. Tap on the Settings icon(or on the gear) on the upper right-hand corner of the screen to open the Device Settings.
4. After that tap the three dots in the top right corner of your screen. This will bring out list of options. You should be able to see the option to Reset your Chromecast device.
5. Scroll down until you see Factory Reset , and tap on it. Tap the box next to Erase all your content .
6. A warning message will pop-up, asking if you’re sure you want to reset the device to factory settings. Tap Factory reset again to confirm.
7. Your Chromecast will now begin the factory reset process.
Note: This method of factory reset is only available when you’re still able to connect your device to Wi-Fi. If not, you should stick to the first method.
How To Reset Older Chromecast (2nd, 3rd generation, and Ultra)
Use this methods to reset your 2nd or 3nd generation Chromecast device without having a hassle.
Using The Google Home App
1. Open the Google Home app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Identify your Chromecast’s device name among the list of available devices and tap on it.
3. Tap on the Settings icon (the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen). Tap on More Settings after that tap on Factory Reset option.
Note: This option is only available when your Chromecast is able to connect with the internet. If it doesn’t, then you should try using the power button method instead.
Using The Chromecast Device
While the Chromecast is plugged into the TV, hold down the button on the side of the Chromecast. The LED will begin blinking orange. When the LED light turns white, release the button and the Chromecast will then restart.
Chromecast Not Working: Try These Fixes
If you’re having issues with your Chromecast, then here are some of the most common problems along with their respective solutions.
Issue – Chromecast is not streaming content.
Possible fixes: Make sure your Chromecast and mobile device are connected to the same network. Try rebooting both devices (unplugging them from the power source), then plug them back in again. If you’re still experiencing issues, try to update your Google Home app or contact support for assistance with troubleshooting steps
Issue – Chromecast device is unable to connect with the internet:
Possible fixes: If this is happening, check if your home’s wireless router or modem are still working properly. If you’re able to connect your mobile devices with the internet, then try resetting Chromecast again. If not, contact support for assistance
Issue – Chromecast is not casting media:
Possible fixes: If the issue persists, try disabling your firewall temporarily to see if it’s blocking Chromecast. Also, check to see if the Chromecast app is updated and ensure that your mobile device and Chromecast are connected to the same network.
Issue – Chromecast is unable to find your wireless network:
Possible fixes: Try scanning for available networks again, and make sure you’re using the same network name that’s listed on your Chromecast. If it still can’t find a connection, restart both devices and try again. If the issue is still not resolved, contact support for assistance
Issue – “No cast devices” error:
Possible fixes: First, make sure that your Chromecast is plugged into an active HDMI port on the TV. You should also try to reboot both devices (unplugging them from the power source), then plugging them back in again. If you’re still experiencing issues, try to update your Google Home app or contact support for assistance.
How to Contact Chromecast Support
If the issue persists, try to send an email or open a live chat with their customer service. You can also find more troubleshooting steps on Google’s website here . And if you still don’t get any results, contact your device manufacturer for assistance with similar issues.
To contact their support, you can email them at email@example.com or start a live chat with their support team on the Chromecast Help Center website . You can also find more troubleshooting steps on Google’s website here . And if you still don’t get any results, contact your device manufacturer for assistance with similar issues.
By now, I hope that this article has helped you get started with your Chromecast. If you need any more help, feel free to drop a comment below and I’ll try my best to answer all of them!