how to overclock CPU: In this article, we will explain to you what is CPU overclocking and how you can perform or enable it on your computer.
- Benefits of Overclocking of CPU.
- Side-effects of overclocking your CPU.
- Which processor does support CPU overclocking?
- Things you should check before overclocking.
- How to overlock your CPU?
- Some frequently asked questions like.
- Is it safe to overclock the CPU?
- Safe method to do Overclocking.
What is CPU Overclocking?
In simple terms, Overclocking your CPU means that you are giving an adrenalin rush or asteroid to your CPU to increase its performance. Overlock can increase your CPU performance and speed. Overclocking helps you in running your PC at a higher Clock speed. If you want to use your CPU to its full potential and push your CPU to its limit. Then Overclocking will help you to do that.
Benefits of Overclocking of your CPU
There are many benefits after Overclocking your CPU. After Overlock, you will be able to run high graphics intense games, high-end video editing, 3d rendering. If you are curious to see your CPU’s full potential, then it will also be a good reason for you to overlock your CPU.
But if you want to gain something then you will also have to sacrifice something. Yes, you have heard it correctly. There are some side effects of Overclocking CPU.
Side-Effects after Overclocking of CPU
Anything in this entire world if you push it to its limit one day it burns down. It gets heated, it takes the load and after some time it slows down. The same thing happens with the CPU after Overclocking. It gets heated after overuse and due to overheating some of the parts of your computer can damage. It can damage your processor. There is also one more issue if it gets overheat that means it’s consuming more energy. So it requires more voltage and consumes more electricity. This can cause you in the rise of the electricity bill as well.
Which CPU or Processor supports Overclocking?
Not all PC supports Overclocking. There are some requirements of the CPU to perform Overclocking.
Overclockingcannot be done with the low-end specification CPU. I will mention the specifications or CPU that supports Overclocking.
Some of the unlocked desktop processors are mentioned below.
- Intel® Core™ i9-10900K Processor (Desktop)
Clock speed- 3.70 GHz, Cache- 20M, Graphics- Intel UHD graphics 630
- Intel® Core™ i7-10700K Processor (Desktop)
Clock speed- 3.80 GHz, Cache- 16M, Graphics- Intel UHD graphics 630
- Intel® Core™ i5-10600K Processor (Desktop)
Clock speed- 4.10 GHz, Cache- 12M, Graphics- Intel UHD graphics 630
- Intel® Core™ i9-10980HK Processor (Laptop)
Clock speed- 2.40 GHz, Cache- 16M, Graphics- Intel UHD graphics
Clock speed- 3.0 GHz, Cache- 24.75M, Memory- DDR4 four-channel types
Clock Speed- 3.3 GHz, Cache- 19.25M, Memory- DDR4 four-channel types
Clock speed- 3.5 GHz, Cache- 19.25M, Memory- DDR4 four-channel types
Clock speed- 3.7 GHz, Cache- 19.25M, Memory- DDR4 four-channel types
The AMD Ryzen processors that support CPU Overclocking are AMD’s B350, X370, B450, X470, B550, and X570.
Things you should check before Overclocking CPU
- First, you must have a Windows System.
- Then you will need an Unlocked K or X series Intel processor. There is also some AMD unlocked processors. I have mentioned all the processors above.
- Temperature – When you perform Overclocking your CPU becomes too hot so first, you should check the normal temperature of your system. Then clean your CPU fans. Make sure vents are not blocked by any dust. If you have an air conditioner at your home, you can also set it at a lower temperature to keep your CPU cool.
- Then you have to download some software to check your CPU performance.
CPU Z – this software is used to monitor your CPU clock speed, benchmark performance, Cache, graphics, memory.
Prime95 – This software is used for stress testing that how much your CPU can handle.
- Motherboard and Processor – I have told you not all the motherboards and Processor supports overlock. So check if the multiplier is unlocked.
- Multipliers – Unlocked multipliers in the sense that your clock speed calculations. If your multipliers are unlocked to increase its CPU clock speed, then it is ready to do Overclocking.
Now you have check everything let’s get to the main process. Note all the benchmark tests and stress level tests to keep a record while increasing.
Also Read: How to Free up RAM on Windows 10
How to Overclock CPU?
It stands for Basic Input/Output System. It is a bootup software in an operating system that is used to reprogram your system. It manages all the data transfer in the system all settings and personalization.
It manages all the updates or errors on your computer. So it will help you in Overclocking your CPU.
To access BIOS in your computer you have to turn off your computer then turn it on as it starts to start pressing keys like F2, F10, F12 or Del. These keys can vary from PC to PC so search for your model before accessing them BIOS.
- After you enter in BIOS mode you will have to look for Advance core setting/Advance frequency settings.
- Then open the Voltage control or Multipliers option so that you can increase your clock speed. First, increase the clock speed by only 10% and then measure the heat. It should not go over 80 degrees. Then save your setting and boot up your PC. Then again take a stress test.
Increase the clock speed slowly until it reaches the level where it gets overheated.
Then keep repeating this process again and again. Perform a stress test each time you change the settings.
Some Frequently Asked Question
Q.1. Is it safe to Overlock a CPU?
Answer – Well it’s completely up to you. It has its own benefits and loss. You can increase your computer processing speed but you lose the warranty on your computer.
Q.2. Can I do it safely?
Answer – Yes, you can do it safely if you have a good computer and you follow the Overclocking process carefully. Step by step increasing its step while managing the heat.
Q.3. Is it necessary to overclock the CPU?
No, it’s not completely necessary if you have more money you can upgrade your computer components. If you don’t do any heavy tasks, then you should never do it.
Before Overclocking CPU, you should see some tutorials on YouTube. You can also ask a professional who works in the IT sector. Or else, you can ask your friend who has done Overclocking before.
Thanks for reading this article, I hope you got the necessary information related to CPU Overclocking. If you have any questions and doubts regarding technologies and games, please feel free to leave us a comment. We will bring the article on that topic. Thank you.