Finding a password on MAC sometimes becomes difficult for the beginners. However, it is not that hard to find a password. Here in this post, we will tell you how to find password on MAC. To find passwords from all software websites, you just need to read this one post only. We will demonstrate that finding a password is not a difficult task.
As human beings, it is not possible to remember all the passwords that we use on our MAC, our iPhone or any other device. So we want our passwords to be auto-filled when we are logging into any website or any other application software with our account. We can’t remember all the passwords that are why we came to situations like how to find a password on MAC. In this post, not only we will tell you how to find the password on MAC. But also we will help you know more about different types of passwords that a MAC has.
How to find Password on MAC With Keychain Access :
To locate a password, you have to go into keychain access, after that, you will see all the passwords saved there. Follow the below-mentioned steps to find the password on MAC with keychain access :
- Press Command + Space.
- Type Keychain Access in the search bar, and search.
- Now, Open the keychain access utility.
- On the left side, the bar clicks on passwords.
- Find out the application for which you are looking for a password.
- Double click on the most recent results.
- Find the box besides the option Show Password, Click on it.
- Enter the general password which is called MAC password.
- Now the password of that application will be shown to you.
How To Find Password On MAC For Various Websites :
If you want to see the password for various websites saved in Safari web browser, Follow below-mentioned steps :
- Open the Safari web browser.
- Click on “Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on the “Password” icon.
- You will see all passwords saved for various websites.
- Click on the show and see the password.
Keychain Is The Master Key :
Keychain is a utility provided to MAC users, which stores all the passwords in one single place. As its name states that it is just like having all the keys in one keychain, so the user can easily find all the keys or passwords. Before getting to how to find password on MAC, It is important to know more about Keychain. We can also call this utility as a password manager for MAC.
Different Passwords Uses In MAC :
1. Login Password:
It is also known as the MAC password, general password, or usual password. It is used to login to your MAC device.
2. Administrative Password:
This password is used by the admin of a MAC device to manage the users and their access.
3. Keychain Password
As we stated earlier, this password is used to find various other passwords stored in Keychain access.
4. iCloud keychain Password
Icloud is to store your data on the cloud. It becomes handy when we are unable to have access to our device.
5. Apple Id Password:
This password is for various Apple applications such as iTunes, Application store, Facetime, etc.
6. Master Password:
Master password is used as a recovery key. You can access forgotten passwords for file vault protected accounts on MAC.