Are you trying to uninstall Epic Games Launcher but getting the error “Epic Games Launcher is currently running”? If yes, then you are not alone. Many users have reported this error while trying to uninstall Epic Games Launcher.
But what does this error mean?
Epic Games Launcher is currently running means that the Epic Games Launcher process is still running in the background even after you have closed the Launcher. This prevents you from uninstalling the Launcher.
So, how do you fix this error and uninstall Epic Games Launcher?
In this article, we will show you how to fix the “Epic Games Launcher is currently running” error and successfully uninstall Epic Games Launcher.
Let’s get started!
Method 1: End Epic Games Launcher Process from Task Manager.
The windows task manager is a system monitor tool that displays all the currently running processes on your computer. You can use it to end any process, including the Epic Games Launcher process, and then uninstall it.
To do that:
1. First, you need to open the Task Manager on your computer. You can do that by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys on your keyboard at the same time.
2. Once the Task Manager opens, click on the Processes tab.
3. Then, find and select the Epic Games Launcher process from the list of processes.
4. After that, click on the End task button at the bottom of the Task Manager window.
5) Confirm by clicking on End task in the pop-up window.
6) Close the Task Manager and then restart your computer.
7) After restarting, try to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher using the Control Panel again and check if it works.
Method 2: Uninstall Epic Games Launcher Using the control panel
The control panel is a Windows built-in tool that allows you to uninstall programs and change various settings on your computer.
Generally, the first method you can try to uninstall Epic Games Launcher is from the Control Panel. That’s the recommended way to uninstall any program from Windows. So, you can follow the steps below to uninstall Epic Games Launcher from your computer.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type Control Panel. Then click on Control Panel from the search results.
2) In the Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a program under the Programs category.
3) In the uninstaller window, find and select Epic Games Launcher. Then click on Uninstall at the top of the window.
4) In the pop-up window, click on Yes to confirm and start uninstalling the Epic Games Launcher.
5) Wait for the uninstall process to complete. Once it’s done, restart your computer and check to see if the issue has been resolved.
Method 3: Uninstall Epic Games Launcher Using the “dialog box”
The “dialog box” is a hidden feature in Windows that allows you to uninstall any program without using an uninstaller. To do this, please follow the steps below:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. This will open the Run dialog box.
2) Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter. This will open the “Programs and Features” window.
3) In the “Programs and Features” window, look for Epic Games Launcher, then click on it once so it becomes highlighted.
4) On your keyboard, press Shift + F10. This will open a hidden context menu.
5) In the context menu, look for Uninstall and click on it.
6) In the pop-up window, click on Yes to confirm that you want to uninstall Epic Games Launcher from your computer.
7) Wait until the uninstall process is complete, then restart your computer.
Method 4: Force Uninstall Epic Games Launcher using Registry Editor
If you are comfortable working with the Registry Editor, you can try this method to force uninstall Epic Games Launcher. Be warned that messing with the Registry Editor can lead to some serious problems, so be sure to back up your Registry before proceeding.
1) Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
2) In the Run dialog box, type regedit and click on OK.
3) In Registry Editor, navigate to the following key:
4) Find the Epic Games Launcher entry in the list of registry keys and delete it.
5) Close Registry Editor and restart your computer. After restarting, check to see if Epic Games Launcher has been uninstalled.
Method 5: Use a Third-Party Uninstaller
If the Epic Games Launcher still won’t uninstall, you can try using a third-party uninstaller. This is a program that can help you uninstall any software, including the Epic Games Launcher, from your computer.
There are many third-party uninstallers available online, but we recommend using IOBit Uninstaller. It’s a free and reliable program that can help you completely remove the Epic Games Launcher from your computer.
To use IOBit Uninstaller, follow these steps:
1. Download and install IOBit Uninstaller from the official website.
2. Once it’s installed, launch the program and click on the “Epic Games Launcher” entry in the list of programs.
3. Click on the “Uninstall” button and follow the prompts to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher.
4. Once the uninstall process is complete, restart your computer.
How to reinstall the Epic Games Launcher
If you decide that you want to reinstall the Epic Games Launcher, you can do so by following these steps:
1. Download the Epic Games Launcher installer from the official website.
2. Run the installer and follow the prompts to install the Epic Games Launcher.
3. Once the installation is complete, launch the Epic Games Launcher and sign in with your account credentials.
4. You should now see the list of games that you own and can install them by clicking on the “Install” button.
The Epic Games Launcher is a great way to manage your games and keep them up to date, but it’s not for everyone. If you’re looking for an alternative or simply want to remove the Epic Games Launcher from your computer, we hope this guide has been helpful.