If you face a situation and searching for guide on how to reset PS4 controller the issues is where your PS4 controller is not working, then do not just throw it away and buy a new controller. Maybe, all your controller needs are only a reset. A soft type reset generally alludes to turning a device off and then making it on again.
With this activity, memory gets flushed out, and this can correct many issues also. If you want a PS4 controller soft reset, then you will also have to reset the connection within the controller and game console. However, you can do this if you have the second one.
How To Reset PS4 Controller
If you don’t have an extra controller, then skip ahead to the directions on performing a hard reset. Now in this informative article, we will be discussing the methodology of performing hard as a well soft reset.
At first, Log in with your second (working) controller and navigate to the Settings in your PS4’s top menu. You have to find the option which looks like a suitcase.
Now you have to choose Devices from the drop-down menu.
After that, please select the Bluetooth Devices. You will be finding your PS4 controller listed there as we are using the working controller to navigate the menu. Please choose the inactive one.
Now you have to tap on the Options button on your controller. It can found to the right of the touchpad. It will show up a new menu.
Then select on Forget Device.
Now to fix the malfunctioning Dual Shock 4 controller, we have to power down the PS4. It can by pressing the PS4 button on your controller.
Now, please navigate to Power in the menu and choose to Turn off PS4.
Next, connect your misbehaving Dual Shock 4 controller to the PS4 using any USB cable.
Turn on the PS4 and wait for booting up.
Now, please press the PlayStation button on the controller and login to the PS4.
With this, The PlayStation 4 controller would now be paired, and you can test it to see if it’s still misbehaving or not. It will not.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- How to Reset Apple TV with Remote – Step by Step Guide
- How To Pair PS4 Controller – Step by Step Guide
- Guide To Reset Apple Watch – Step by Step Guide
How To Factory Rest PS4 Controller
If the problem is more significant you are finding no solution with the upper mentioned methodology, then follow the below-mentioned steps to make a hard reset-
- At first, make the Power down for the PS4.
- Turn over the Dual Shock 4 controller, and you will locate the small hole near the left shoulder button.
- Now, take any pointed pin-like substance and insert it to push the button buried inside the hole.
- After that, hold down this button for about 5 seconds.
- Now, connect the controller to the PS4 using any USB cable.
- Please turn on the PS4, and you have to wait for it to boot up.
- Please press the PlayStation button on the controller then after to log into the PS4.
- You will find the light bar turning blue, indicating the DualShock 4 has paired with the console.