If your PC ran into a problem and needed to restart, you are facing a troubleshooting issue on your PC and have no idea what to do now? Then don’t worry! We will provide you with adequate ways to fix the error and make your PC run more simply and smoothly again.
If you are a computer user then sometimes when you restart your PC or boot it, you are supposed to see a blue screen with a message “Your Pc ran into a problem and need to restart it” In that case, most of you try to reboot your PC but the same error or blue screen will appear again. This is known as Blue Screen Error Of Death (BSOD). Don’t worry if the message is different because the message might be:
“Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting some error information, and then we will restart for you”
“Your PC ran into a problem that it couldn’t handle and now it needs to restart. You can search for the error online”
Other than the message a barcode with some specific stop code can be seen under the message of error. They can be:
So much error stuff, and you are puzzled about what to do now? Don’t worry we are here to help you, first of all, we need to know how this error occurred on your PC?
What Causes BSOD Error?
There is not a specific reason behind the problem “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart”. It may be caused due to several reasons most commonly by any hardware or hard drive issues. In that condition, your Windows continuously wrecks and shows you with the blue error screen. There are the following reasons for the issue:
- Virus or malicious seizure
- Overheating issue
- Contaminated system file
- Shut down your PC forcefully
- Your CPU components are too low to take a load of your system especially RAM & Processor
- Any important file will be deleted or removed from system32 files
Some Victims of the issue may find it funny that Windows will advise you to restart and show the bike screen even after restart. Keep in mind that it will adversely affect your system data and may cause data loss. For resolving the issue your need to follow the methods below.
What Are The Ways To Fix The Issue?
There are two conditions and each has its methods to repair these conditions are: your computer boots into a safe mode and your computer is unable to boot into a safe mode:
Boot Into A Safe Mode:
If your Windows boot into a safe mode and you are supposed to access all your files and settings them follow these steps to avoid this error further in future.
Update the Windows
Update your windows will resolve the error, follow the steps below to perform a windows update:
- Search for updates at the Cortana search box to find the best match for your Windows
- Let your windows check for any update by right click on ” Check For Updates”
- Let the windows are updated and reboot your PC after all set
Modify The Memory Dump Settings
If your PC show “your PC ran into a problem and need to restart memory management” this method is for you:
- Open the Safe Mode choose Properties option
- Choose the “Advanced system settings”
- Press Advanced option and them settings
- Uncheck the “Automatically Restart” under the “System Failure”
- Press on the drop-down menu and choose ”complete memory dump option”
- Hit the OK button to continue
- Check whether the error is resolved or not
Run System File Checker
You can run system file checker in Windows 10 and 11, follow the steps to do so:
- Open the computer in safe mode.
- Access and run command prompt as an administrator.
- Inster the following command.
- Hit the enter button to continue.
The system will automatically check and resolve your error, reboot your system and check whether the error is solved or not.
Update The Windows Drivers
Sometimes the faulty drivers are supposed to run your system with the error ” your system ran into a problem and needs to restart”. In that case, you need to make sure that your driver is up-to-date. You can use various driver update tools to act.
Uninstall Recently Installed Applications
If your system has low memory RAM and you install big size files into your computer then you are supposed to see the issue of the blue screen when restart. So, you need to increase the RAM but for a quick solution uninstall recently installed programmes or applications.
- Open command prompt as an Admin
- Insert the command REG ADD
HKLM\SYSTEM\currentcontrolset\control\safeb/VE/T Reg_SZ/ F/ D " server
- Hit the enter button.
- Type another command and hit the enter button.
net start msiserver
- Uninstall the programme again.
Hence, all the new applications and programmes are uninstalled or closed from recent activities to free up RAM storage.
Unable To Boot Into A Safe Mode:
If you are unable to boot your device safely and the error of blue screen with “you PC ram into a problem and need to restart” then you need to follow the methods below:
Reinstall Or Reset Windows
Another most abundant and effective method is to reinstall or reset your Windows, it will provide you with a new and fresh interface with no errors and faults. You need to recover your data before performing the step of resetting the Windows. Use any preferred data recovery tools from web browsers.
Perform System Restore
Perform a quick system restore in another option to resolve the error of the blue screen “your PC ran into a problem and need to restart”. This will allow you to roll your PC into the previous and fresh state. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Open the ” Window recovery environment”.
- Choose “troubleshoot” and then “Advanced options”
- Select the “system restore”.
- Select any preferred account to continue the process.
- Press the next button to continue.
- Choose the restore time tenure in which you are willing to perform your restore or the time after which you are getting the blue screen.
- Click next to continue.
- Select “yes” and finish to complete the process of restore.
Run the Startup Repair
Windows 10 provides you with a startup repair tool that can be accessed without launching Windows. To perform the repair you need to have Window repair media that can be USB, CD, HDD, SSD, etc. Follow the steps after inserting the media device:
- Insert the media installation device of Windows.
- An option for Windows Installation appeared in front of you, don’t click on it.
- Click “Repair Your Computer” instead.
- Select “Troubleshoot”.
- Then choose “Advanced option”.
- Finally, click on “Startup repair”.
- Choose the OS and the Windows will automatically repair your system and restart it after.