If you’re a photographer then you must know, this no matter how much professional photography skills you may have but sometimes you get a blurry image. But that not an issue you can easily take another photo, however in case if you don’t take a chance to take another picture.
In that case, how you gonna fix that blurred image, for instance, if you take a photo of a photo that you want to listen on your eBay account for the sell and the picture that you’ve captured is blurred but you can easily take another shot using your DSL camera or iPhone.
if you’ve only one chance to take a photo and you made a mistake and the picture blur. Now what you supposed to do to fix this. Don’t worry you can use some below given methods to unblur image without having a hassle.
How To Unblur An Image or Picture
Not all of us a professional photographer and so when we capture images from our mobile phone or DSL camera. The image that we capture sometimes get blurred. Basically, this can happen when the camera is a little shake during capturing the photo and when you click the capture button the image is capture but gets blurred due to loss of focus.
However, these photos may be important to you or to your job, for instance, if you’re at the wedding then you cannot recall the shot. In case you’ve fixed this by unbluring the images that you captured.
To Unblur a photo or image you can different types of online tools and offline software on your computer or the smartphone.
There are some of the methods or ways we have mentioned.
1. Microsoft Paint
The Microsoft Paint is outstanding software for Windows and Mac with the help of it. You can easily perform multiple tasks there is a feature called “Unsharp Mask” with the help of it you can easily unblur a photo or image in no time.
Follow these steps to use Unsharp Mask feature on Microsoft Paint
Launch the Microsoft Paint on your computer using the Start Menu or Desktop shortcut.
Now, Press “Ctrl+O” button on the Keyboard and open the photo or image that you want to unblur.
Click on the “Layer” or “Duplicate” button to create a layer to use with the layer mask. After that Click on the “Adjust “ button, this will open all the photo editing options.
Now, Adjust the “clipping,” “radius” and “strength” of the mask. Depending on the image size you’re want to unblur.
Change cloudiness with the slider bar on the “Unsharp Mask” layer. Modify until you reach the desired sharpness in the image.
Photoshop is the most popular photo editing tool for Mac and Windows. Because this software carries lots of photo editing tools. With the help of adobe photoshop, you can unblur image or photo if you know the steps. There are 3 ways to get a much sharper image from a blurry image using photoshop.
# Fix Image Blur Using Photoshop
- Open your image or photo in Photoshop.
- Duplicate or layer the background layer and select it.
- Choose Filter, Other, and High Pass and set it to 10 percent.
- Change the blend mode for the layer to hard light and modify the opacity until the picture is sharper.
# Use Camera Shaken Reduction To Fix Image Blur on Updated Version Photoshop
- Open the image in Photoshop.
- Choose Filter, Shake Reduction, and Sharper options.
- Photoshop automatically unblur image within seconds.
# Photoshop Elements Useful To Unblur Image
- Open the blurred Image in Photoshop Elements
- Use Filter and then Enhance the menu.
- Choose a feature called “Unsharp Mask”.
- Modify the Amount and Radius until the image is unblurred.
3. GIMP Image Editor
If you don’t photoshop software on your computer and don’t want to purchase it just to unblur an image. In that case, you can use the GIMP image editor for free. Its an best alternative to photoshop with multiple photo editing features and filters.
Download and install the GIMP software on your computer. It is compactable with both Windows and Mac desktop computers. Launch the application and follow the below-given steps.
- Open the blur image in the GIMP editor.
- Select the option called “Blur/Sharpen” from toolbox.
- Choose the Sharpen and adjust it on the image till the image is clear.
Smartdeblur is utility software and you can use it to open images with ease. With the help of this software, you can unblur any image or photo to get started to download and install the software on your computer. The software is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS.
After installation, launch the SmartDeblur on your computer and follows,
- Open or drag and drop the blur image in SmartDeblur.
- Select the “Blur Parameter” area to adjust the image.
- Select the defect type as “Blur”.
- Slide “Radius” and “Smooth” bar until the image is unblur.
With the help of Blurity, you can remove motion blurs that occur during camera shaking while capturing images. To get started download and install this free to use photo editing software on your computer.
But there is a catch the unblur photo will be watermarked. To get rid of the watermark you have to use the Paid version of Blurity.
- Open the image in Blurity
- Select the unblur option and wait.
- Your photo will automatically unblur.
- Save the image into your computer.
Paint.net is an online free photo editing tool and well popular among photographers. With the help of this open-source photo editor, you can perform lots of tasks including un-blurring an image.
Sharpening is not featured in this tool but it’s a credible job to unblur images.
- Open Paint.net on your computer or phone web browser.
- Now open the image into the Paint.net
- Choose Sharpen, Effects, Picture from toolbox.
- Slide the Sharpen bar till you the image is clear and unblur.
- Save the image into your device.
Other Online Tools To Unblur Images
There some online tools available on the internet with the help of these you can unblur images and save them into your computer or phone.
Some of these online photo editing web applications free to use and some are paid. Here we’ve listed free photo editors and with these, you can unblur image online.
These all unblur image online tools are free to use all you need is a computer and stable internet connectivity. Open the image in the online tool. Adjust the sharpen using the toolbox and unblur the image using the slider. After this download the image into your computer.