So you wanted to reset your Xfinity Modem in case you’ve forgotten the password of your Chromecast Xfinity Router. Then in this case you can easily reset the password of your Xfinity Router by following this article step by step instructions.
How To Reset Xfinity Modem?
If you’ve forgotten the login password of your Xfinity Modem the only option to get access to your Xfinity Modem is by resetting it. You’ve to factory reset the Chromecast Xfinity Router manually. Once the Xfinity Router get reset you can easily login into the router using the default login credentials that given at the Xfinity Router.
Note: After resetting the Router will remove all the home networking settings (change to default settings).
Factory Reset Chromecast Xfinity Modem (Step By Step)
Follow these step by step instructions to reset your Xfinity Modem.
1. Go to your PC or Mac and launch the Web Browser and enter the following IP address (
10.0.0.1) in the search bar and hit the enter button.
2. Now, you’ll be on the Login Page of the Xfinity Modem.
3. In the default username type “Admin” and in the password field type “Password”.
4. Click on the Login button to log in.
5. After this, click on the Troubleshooting > Reset/Restore Gateway > Reset Factory Settings