Students, students are an integral part of life. A life that cannot be bought or lived again. A life that makes an impact on the future as well as the economy of the country.
Those notorious and mischievous days which are full of pranks as well as sincerity at a times needs lessons to learn for the better future ahead. That’s where “EXAMS” comes in handy for all the teachers to teach their disciples a lesson. A moment where you gain your knowledge and then finally give exams and earn a score.
But gradually things came and went and so did time move ahead and bought a new advent. An advent where rather than giving a cumulative exam after a long list of syllabus. A slight change was made to make it more valuable to make the change that we wish to see. Various Alterations were brought that are to give exams in multiple-choice questions ( M.C.Q.) type and more.
What does it do ?
It made the culture of learning more easy and knowledgeable than before. Making a huge impact on the level of understanding helps you increase your score in the academic which clearly means an enhanced version of student exams.
How does it help?
Chapter-wise hence less burden of the pupil’s made it a huge success with the time. Since it definitely easy to digest the meal of the day but certainly hard to digest food after a month
Some of the best Multiple Choice Test Maker Websites & Apps used to make the academics more student-friendly are as follows.
ProProfs Quiz Maker is cloud-based software to create and deliver online exams and tests online formats easily. The ProProfs solution helps you to author quizzes, secure tests, and student/employee assessments. It comes along with complimentary test templates, automated grading, and integration with ProProfs LMS.
Features of ProProfs Quiz Maker
- Allows you to make a test using existing templates or create your own from scratch
- User-friendly drag-and-drop interface
- You can save time with automatic grading.
Fyrebox is one of the best means to create multiple-choice quizzes, scenario-based quizzes, and rules-based quizzes. Quizzes can include the use of pictures. Quiz scoring calculates in real-time with quiz results sent by email if desired.
The strength of this system is its easy integration with other contact management systems, which includes being able to connect to over 500 applications through Zapier. The Professional plan version integrates with Mailchimp, SharpSpring, Constant Contact, Vertical Response, Campaign Monitor, Aweber, Active Campaign, Klaviyo, Get Responses, ConvertKit, MailerLite, Mad Mimi, Omnisend, Drip, InfusionSoft, Hubspot, Insightly, and Google Analytics.
A user may upgrade, downgrade, or cancel at any time on the monthly plans. There is a free plan offering a very basic service for a few leads. There are monthly paid standard subscription plans and upgrades to a Professional plan or the Professional Team plan. The paid subscription plans have a monthly fee or a discounted annual price.
Features of FyreBox
- Making quizzes is fast and the Fyrebox staff can make quizzes for clients.
- Quizzes may be chatbots on Facebook Messenger.
- Participants’ data can export automatically to more than 500 applications through the integration with Zapier.
- The Fyrebox brand does not show with paid plans.
- It is easy to design a high-quality, nice-looking certificate for quiz takers using Canva.
Free Online Surveys
The FreeOnlineSurveys.com quiz maker is another well-known tool to quickly create an online survey, generate online polls, and generate forms using a form generator. Teachers and trainers use quizzes to make learning lessons a more interactive experience.
Features of Free Online Surveys
- Create a survey, quiz or form quickly and easily
- Easy distribution of various data.
- Automated scoring for Quizzes and all results are compiled into perfect charts and graphs.
- Theme Customization
- Add images, videos and text fields
- Create custom messages to show quiz-takers based on their page and total scores.
- Filter and compare data, and create custom reports.
- Share digital reports with a simple URL.
- Question Types for Quizzes: Multiple-Choice, Drop-Down List, Comment Boxes, Dates, Picture-choice questions
- Question Types for Surveys and Forms: All of the above, Opinion Scales, Net Promoter Score, Star Ratings, Order Ranking, Sliders, Matrices, AB Tests, Contact Forms.
Typeform allows the building of conversational forms, quizzes, and surveys that enhances user engagement. This helps gather more data and uplifts memory retention. This system supports many question styles, including questions that incorporate pictures. The free plan allows limited use but is good for evaluating the system. Typeform also provides an additional provision for teachers/students – 25% off monthly plan or 40% off the yearly plan.
Features of Typeform
- It is very easy to create quizzes using this system. There are many free templates to choose from when setting up a new quiz.
- This system allows logic jumps. A logic jump allows a quiz to respond to a user’s answers. For example, not to present questions, which are irrelevant based on a previous answer.
- Branching forks are possible for subgrouping, such as making an early choice between being a dog lover and a cat lover to see different questions for the quiz.
- Offers a calculator function, which can present different questions to respondents based on their cumulative score.
Interact is an online tool that can be used to create quizzes for free of cost and to collect emails with the paid subscription service. For educators/trainers on a limited budget, the free plan offered by Interact is very helpful. The paid subscription plans function to collect email addresses from quiz takers as a marketing tool.
Features of Interact
- All plans offer the free plan, allow unlimited quizzes and an unlimited number of users who take the quizzes.
- Custom branding is possible with the Growth and Pro level plans.
- Quizzes can have a customized look and feel.
- Interact Certified Consultants are available for hire to create quizzes.
SurveyLegend is a cloud-based solution that helps you to create mobile-friendly surveys. You can use this software to share a survey via email, social media websites, blogs, and more.
Features of survey legend
- It provides a range of survey question types like text-based, choice-based, and media-based.
- This tool provides unlimited survey questions and responses.
- You can customize the question according to your needs.
- It offers logic flows and branching.
- You can export data to Google Drive, PDF, Microsoft Excel, and more.
- It has numerous themes to choose from.
- SurveyLegend allows you to share data using a public or private link.
Poll Maker’s Quiz Maker
Quiz Maker from Poll Maker is another easy-to-use online service that helps you construct assessments. Same simple procedure in place: add questions, set scoring results, share and see your reports. This is a free service that covers all basic functionality and other services.
Features of Poll Maker’s Quiz Maker
- Engaging interactive content
- Image and media support, automatic social media integration and analysis.
- Automatic grading and scoring.
- Lead generation.
- Test your audience via smartphone and provide live results during a presentation.
An old-school online service conceived for performing vocabulary tests, Vocabtest comes with a free quiz creator. One can use it to create tests by registering an account and following the simple instructions described by the company.
Features of Vocabtest
- Pick a number of words and assign their definitions
- Add hints, synonyms/antonyms and use custom scenarios
- Share easily with your students.
The ClassMarker web-based software is a test creator for teachers and businesses. Use case scenarios include business and training tests; recruitment and pre-employment assessments; educational facilities, schools, universities, distance learning, online courses, e-learning, self-study groups, etc.
Features of ClassMarker
- Create quizzes with time limits, public and private test access, multiple choices, short answer, matching, and numerous question types which can include multiple images, files, audio, and video embedded across a question and answer options.
- Tests can include set questions or have questions selected at random from the question bank and ordered by category.
- Results graded instantly for learners.
- Provide individual question feedback and overall test feedback in real-time.
- Break down individual and group performance by test, questions and categories.
- Add Unlimited Administrators. Custom certificates with branding.
- Tips on writing good questions.
GoConqr is a social learning platform that combines learning tools with an active user community. The platform encompasses a bunch of modules such as Flashcards, Mind Maps, Notes and other. It also includes the Quizzes module that helps you create sharable quizzes at no cost.
Features of GoConqr
- Easy-to-use, clear interface
- A collection of teacher- and user-generated learning resources. The library enables you to search for quizzes from all over the world.
- Easy sharing of quizzes online.
Online Quiz Creator
Online Quiz Creator from QuizWorks helps you create fun-to-play quizzes with advanced features, styling options and statistics. Online Quiz Creator integrates several elements, social features and principles. Question types include multiple-choice, free text, and fill in the blank.
Features of Online Quiz Creator
- Quiz Engine and algorithm determines the difficulty level of the question by using the actual playing data of the users in real time
- You can add your logo, change colors and add a background image.
- With help you can publish the test on your own site.
- You can view all kinds of statistics of your test, questions and players.
forms.app is a web based application that will help you create online forms easily and quickly. Thanks to the various types of questions in it, you can build the most appropriate structure for the form you want to create. All forms.app features are completely free for all users.
Features of forms.app
- Super easy to use
- Start without registration
- Templates based on your needs
- Ability to set limits for the form
- Ability to collect payments via forms
- Instant notifications
- No extra payment to design forms
- Ability to track impressions
- Reasonable prices
- No coding is required
- No credit card required for registration
Easy Test Maker
Easy Test Maker is another online test generator to help you create and manage quizzes. Easy Test Maker provides the tools to format multiple question types, print alternate versions, and publish to the web. Online tests are automatically graded.
Features of Easy Test Maker
- Create multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, matching, short answer and true or false questions.
- Useful instructions that help to divide your test into multiple sections.
- Published tests are graded automatically.
- Alternate versions and answer sheets to reduce cheating.
- Questions and answer choices are automatically shuffled in a different order.
- randomly selected question sets.
- Create an exam from your existing tests, copy a question from one test to another.
- Built-in spell check eliminates accidental misspellings and typos.
Features of Hot Potatoes
- Mixed question types in a single quiz. Use multiple-choice, short-answer and other “hybrid” types
- Sophisticated scoring, allocated weights for various questions, individual answer settings
- Easy editing of output pages in WYSIWYG editors such as DreamWeaver
- A timer on assessments and exercises
- Media files associated with the course can be automatically uploaded to the www.hotpotatotes.net server, so that learners can access their results.
Formplus is a survey builder tool that allows you to collect the needed information. It enables you to style forms using various customization options.
Features of Formplus
- You can receive payment online.
- It provides 20+ field types.
- Approvals and workflow.
- It allows you to analyze responses.
- You can upload files to Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, and more.
- Share or send forms via QR codes or social media websites.
- You can track form submissions.
- It allows you to manage job applications.
- You can receive online payment through online payment websites.
Google Forms + Flubaroo
Google Forms is supposed to be one of the well employed applications for creating and sharing tests at no cost! All you have to do is create a form, fill in answer keys and assign the quiz. Then you may use the Flubaroo tool to do the grading.
Flubaroo : How does it work?
Go into your Google Drive, create a new “form” by clicking “NEW” and finding “Google Forms”. Add the questions for your assignment, save and quit the form to make your assignment.
Enter the answer keys. Fill in the correct answers and your name for further identification.
Share with an audience. As learners make their entries, their responses will appear in the spreadsheet.
Grade the results. Open the spreadsheet associated with the forms, and install Flubaroo as a plugin to Google Forms right from the “Add-ons” menu. Once set up, Flubaroo will come up with a few questions.
Such as whether specific questions should not be graded, which are the identification questions, which entry serves as the answer key, etc. When you are done answering, the software will start grading!
Grade review. The Flubaroo-generated grades will be stored in the “Grades” worksheet. For each submission, Flubaroo will determine which questions got a correct response, which were answered incorrectly, and which remained ungraded to provides all the necessary functionality for quick quizzing.
Cloud-based software as a service (SaaS) system that makes it easy to create online surveys/quizzes is Survey Monkey. Survey Monkey has many back-office integrations that can work with the data collection obtained from the surveys/quizzes.
The company collaborated with the U.S. Department of Education and the Harvard Graduate School of Education to create education surveys/quizzes and templates that enable targeted improvements in educational systems. A paid subscription is required to access the extensive features of this system.
Features of Survey Monkey
- Handles all common question types including multiple-choice, dropdown, checkbox, and textbox answers with the integration with images and videos.
- Supports A/B test questions, rating questions, matrix questions, ranking questions, and slider questions. Uses advanced survey logic with question, block, and page randomization.
- Supports 58 languages.
- Has a free template library, which includes over 1,800 survey questions written by experts.
- Offers real-time quiz results with instant scoring and the emailing of results to users.
Paperform is a survey or form builder that allows you to easily create a range of forms, products, or payment pages that represent your brand.
Features of Paperform
- You can insert videos, pictures, and styled text anywhere on the web page.
- It allows you to take payment with Paypal Business, Square, and Braintree.
- You can control your client’s experience based on how they write the answer in the survey.
- Embed forms on your website or share directly with URL.
- Get a submission summary in your inbox.
- You can show a message according to the responses.
- It can be integrated with over 1000 third party apps.
Articulate Quizmaker 360
Articulate Quizmaker 360 is part of the comprehensive Articulate 360 e-Learning application. This includes a powerful tool for authoring moreover providing engaging quizzes and quick learner assessment.
Features of Articulate Quizmaker 360
- Make quizzes, drag‑and‑drops, surveys and other assessments. 25 form‑based question types including freeform questions
- Content library to introduce clear decision‑making scenarios
- Universal compatibility.
- Review and annotate easily..
Adobe Captivate 9
Captivate 9 is an e-Learning and authoring suite that encapsulates a pile of features, quizzing just being one of many. All-around quizzing.
Customized or out-of-the-box templates, multiple question types (short answer, matching, fill-in-the-blank), cross-platform HTML5 support, and more.
The assessment side of the software really stands out and caters to most demands you could think of as a course author. Adobe Captivate is a reasonably priced tool in terms of authoring software.
Features of Adobe Captivate 9
- Elaborate assessments.
- Drag-and-drop interactions.
- Pick any option in a multitude of drag items and drop destinations providing custom voice/audio feedback to every action, etc.
- Branched quizzing. Pre-test students’ knowledge to address their individual needs and direct them to a suitable section.
- Easy scoring.
- Remedial workflow for improved test outcomes. When learners come up with a wrong answer, they can revisit the relevant unit, learn more about the unclear concept and retake the troublesome test part.
- Random quizzing/question pools.
- Embedded LMS preview. With Captivate, instructional designers may automatically preview their courses in Scorm.com and see if everything plays back fine.
QuizCreator by Wondershare is a unique professional quiz generator that enables the user to author quizzes and track results in a variety of ways.
- 18 question types including a multiple-choice, short essay, fill-in-the-blank, matching, and others.
- Multimedia effects.
- Custom settings. Quiz time restrictions and randomization branched questions based on learner responses, password protection, and more.
- Granular tracking and reporting through any LMS. In QuizCreator Online, one can track results without any third party system and get instant reports filtered by the student, quiz, answer, score, etc.
- Multiple publishing options: in QuizCreator Online, as embeddable code, in a SCORM-compliant LMS, as an EXE file, as a Word or Excel file.
SurveyNuts is an interactive survey editor that enables you to see the preview of data in real time. It helps you to create multiple choice questions naturally.
Features of survey nuts
- You can add pictures in any of your question titles or survey titles.
- This tool allows you to collect files from respondents.
- You can modify even after creating a survey.
- You can get a printer-friendly version of the questionnaire.
- It provides a result with percentages, number of votes, and dynamic bar charts.
- You can share your survey with a private URL, embed it in any website or on a social media account.
- It enables you to filter the IP address.
I-spring is a customizable mobile-ready quiz tool with a nice set of templates. Carrying rich customization options. Add versatile styles and themes to differentiate your content, use flexible layouts and color schemes for better visibility
Features of iSpring QuizMaker
- Preview capabilities. A WYSIWYG slide view tool to get a closer look into the whole quiz or a specified segment
- Video and audio effects. Build in multimedia to engage your students, add external links, pictures and math formulas to questions and answers
- Personal feedback provision.
- Reward and let retry. The software allows the quiz author to motivate best performers with rewards or provide relevant prompts and context to steer the learner to the right answer
- 11 graded and 12 survey question types for versatile assessments
- Branching scenarios to arrange tailored e-Learning paths for every quiz taker. Branch into information slides or custom-branch answers to other details or feedback messages
- Flexible scoring for the entire test or a specific question.
- Flexible testing rules LMS compatibility. Most popular brands and the iSpring LMS are supported (SCORM, AICC, xAPI, and cmi5-friendly content).
SurveyPlanet is a cloud-based software for creating surveys. It can be used to collect qualitative and quantitative data, gather valuable customer feedback, to create a research project, and much more.
Features of survey planet
- It provides colorful themes.
- You can upload images into your survey.
- SurveyPlanet provides a responsive layout that works on tablets, mobile phones, and computers.
- You can create branching of questions or skip logic.
- This tool supports multiple languages like English, Chinese, Spanish, and more than 20 other languages.
- It offers a range of pre-written questions.
- You can add a logo or link to any website.
Respondus is a great tool for creating and managing LMS-ready exams. All the essentials and more in a single package.
Features of Respondus 4.0
- Different “personalities” for Blackboard Learn, Brightspace, Canvas, IMS QTI, and Moodle
- Offline authoring capabilities within the Windows interface
- Up to 15 question types including algorithmic formats
- Question import from MS Word, rich-text, QTI, and comma-delimited formats
- Preview before publishing to the LMS
- Direct publishing of assessments to an online course, as well as batch publishing to multiple courses in a single step
- Direct printing from Respondus, saving as a Word/RTF document
- Granular custom reports involving student scores, overall stats and answer distributions
- Downloadable answer databases. Save in Excel or similar spreadsheet formats
Poll Daddy’s Crowdsignal is a survey plugin for WordPress. It helps you to make and manage surveys, polls, and ratings from WordPress dashboard.
Features of Polldaddy Crowdsignal
- Easy to create a survey using drag and drop functionality.
- This tool enables you to customize the look and feel of surveys and polls.
- It allows you to share interactive polls via email or social media sites like Facebook or Twitter.
- You can analyze your results and export them to apps like Google Sheets and Excel.
- People can vote with the polls with just one click.
Question Writer HTML5
Question Writer is another paid tool. It provides a series of question types and customization options, and supports export to SCORM.
Features of Question Writer
- A bundle of question types: multiple choice, true/false, multiple response, fill in the blank, matching, sequencing, essay, explanation, partial credit, plugin question, etc.
- Tweak and tune rhythmic format : set passing score, roll out questions in random order, set a time limit, etc.
- Collection of quiz metadata for further analysis
- Include images and Flash content
- Multiple feedback options; after each question, sequential quiz review, piece-by-piece explanation, etc.
- Branching and skipping – complex scenarios depending on the answer
- Granular reporting (get results in an email, view online, download to Excel)
- Publish for the web or SCORM 1.2 (Moodle, Blackboard, etc.)
- Import from Moodle XML and text format.
123FormBuilder is an application that helps any company to create a range of web forms without writing code. It helps you to collect data and optimize internal workflows.
Features of 123formbuilder
- You can build efficient online forms in real time.
- It provides graphical reports to view accurately collected data.
- You can create password-protected HTML forms.
- It allows you to connect your web forms to other online services
- You can integrate the tool with payment processors and receive payment.
Wufoo is an online survey builder that enables you to design and build an online survey or forms with its drag and drop interface. This tool helps you to create customized and beautiful form logos.
Features of Wufoo
- It has more than 400 templates to choose from.
- You can create dynamic visualization with graphs and charts.
- It enables you to use custom rules to create dynamic forms.
- You can build and customize online forms.
- Wufoo allows you to collect data and payment.
- You can integrate with more than 100 apps and automate workflow.
- Provides 256-bit SSL encryption to secure your data.
Microsoft Forms is an online application that allows you to create surveys, quizzes, polls, and see the result without any hassle. It streamlines and automates business with rich forms.
Features of Microsoft Forms
- It works with any browser.
- Microsoft Forms comes with a range of themes.
- You can assign points for the automatic grading of students.
- This tool allows you to collect responses in real time.
- It automatically provides results in charts to visualize data.
Cognito is an online form builder that allows you to create forms for your website. It helps you to build contact forms, order forms, and registration forms.
Features of Cognito Forms
- You can create unlimited forms using drag and drop form builder.
- It allows you to customize form directly on a blog or website.
- You can receive an email notification.
- You can compare the total costs and compare dates, and more.
- This tool allows you to control what fields people see and when they see them.
- Collect entries even without logging.
- Merge data with word or PDF documents.
EmailMeForm is a simple online survey building tool using which you can build a form onto your website without writing any code.
Features of Emailmeform
- You can create forms securely that work on any device.
- It enables you to connect secure payment gateways with your forms and accept credit cards on the go.
- EmailMeForm provides custom form design solutions and workflow integration.
- It helps you to collect data seamlessly.
Powr is a WordPress form or survey plugin that enables you to create any type of form and customize it according to your website. It provides automatic social streaming helping you to get more followers and likes.
Features of Power
- It allows you to customize images and videos.
- You can collect contact details and promote offers with popups.
- It boosts your social media with linked icons.
- You can track and display visits to the page.
- You can add banners, photos, or videos from Vimeo o0r YouTube.
- It helps you to create and embed maps on your website.
Hopefully, this helped you to choose your favorite or the most favorable Quiz Maker. The majority of the reviewed free services are available with sharing options and post-assessment analytics. That covers a good deal of scenarios as far as personal/home use is concerned.
However, the mentioned solutions are not compatible with SCORM, Tin Can or other formats employed by learning management systems (LMSs). LMS integration is either not supported or works for a same-brand solution only. LMS-ready quiz makers are readily available on the market, but there is always a price to pay. That’s where the commercial tools kick in.
When putting together the pieces of your e-Learning puzzle, make sure to analyze your workflows and objectives in detail so you can balance out the free alternatives with the commercial brands. Wish that every one of you gets your answer towards the best. If you still feel you have anything that is more vibrant than the above please write a comment section.