If you do not need content reviewers to accidentally modify your document, you have to make the document read-only before giving it for review. Another methodology is to limit the format and writing. Creating your document in a computer carries a meaning. It means the document might be a scanned or derived copy, however not changed. If one in each of the reviewers tries to form any change to a computer file.
How to Remove Read-Only from Word File
The change could be saved solely by giving the document an alternative name. It can be saved to a different location through a path.
While writing this article, we are going to discuss step by step procedure to create a procedure. Following the steps, you’ll be able to enable or disable the read-only choice in a word file.
- At first click on the “Review”.
- Then attend and click on “Restrict Editing”.
- After that under the “Restrict editing” you will find two options- “Formatting restrictions”, “Editing restrictions” & “start enforcements”.
- Under the “Editing restrictions” make positive the list says “No changes (Read-only)”.
- Under “start enforcements” you are going to find an option called “Yes, Start Enforcing Protection”.
- In the box that opens, you’ll be able to give a password. Please keep it in your mind.
- The password is optional. If you do not add a password, then anyone can select the option “Stop protection” and edit the document.
So in this way you can customize the reviewing option as per your need and requirement.