Hotmail.com It is the second most popular email service, after Gmail, and it was formerly called Hotmail. With an Outlook or Hotmail account, you will gain access to the company’s wide range of products, including those backed by Windows and other Microsoft products.
If you want to recover your account in Outlook or Hotmail account, all you need is a phone number (or secondary email) as a means of authentication. You will find the following instructions step by step in this article about Hotmail:
How Do I Log In to My Hotmail Account?
Your Hotmail email account can be accessed via your web browser as well as from your mobile phone or computer. Android and iOS applications are available for logging into Hotmail account and Outlook.com. Next, we will walk you through accessing your Hotmail mailbox or the new Outlook.com in World Accounts.
Hotmail and Outlook can be accessed using the web platform from the computer and on the mobile device. The following steps should be followed to access them:
- Click on “Login” from the top of https://www.outlook.com. Alternatively, you can use the old site www.hotmail.com or access the login page directly via the direct link.
- Enter your email address, phone number, or Skype name, and then click “Next.”
- For access, enter your password and click “Blue Login.”
- Your email inbox will automatically be accessed if all the data is entered correctly.
You can use Hotmail directly by selecting the option “Keep Me Connected” before finalizing your login; by doing so, the login and password will not have to be re-entered on a new computer, as Hotmail will permanently save your details.
To protect your personal information, essential data, and passwords from possible hackers, you should disable this function when accessing your e-mail from a computer that you do not trust, such as a public computer.
Logging into Outlook or Hotmail will take you directly to your inbox, called “inbox” or the “inbox.”
- Sign in to your Hotmail or Outlook account by visiting https://outlook.live.com/owa/.
- Then, enter your e-mail address by clicking ” Next. “
- Click ” Login “ after entering your password.
- Your Outlook email will then be delivered directly to your inbox.
By pressing ” Inbox “ on the left, you can directly access your inbox if you have logged into your account and have not been taken there. There are also some other buttons below the inbox tab, and below we will briefly describe them:
SPAM – messages is easy with Hotmail’s spam-detecting algorithms. Your spam, advertisements you haven’t signed, and viruses will be stopped. An unknown email may end up in your junk mail if it contains an important message. Check it out if your inbox does not have what you need. The email is automatically deleted after a few days in the outbox. Consequently, only the emails you find interesting are visible.
Drafts – Drafts are saved if you begin writing an email, but leave it without sending it. Anytime you want, you can edit, delete or send it to someone.
Sending Items – Here, you will find all of the emails that you sent to your contacts. You can look at them at your convenience. However, these items will not be removed from the recipients’ inboxes if you clear them and permanently delete them.
Trash – This folder will be filled with all deleted emails before they are deleted. Deleted items can be restored or even permanently deleted if they are deleted by mistake.
Use the Hotmail Mobile App to Sign in to Hotmail
Mobile applications are available for Android and iOS devices through Outlook.com (Hotmail). You can log in using the official Outlook app.
- Use the corresponding store to get the application. (Android / iOS)
- Access the program and click ” Introduction “ after it has been installed.
- Press “Continue” after you have entered the Outlook email address you have registered. Other email providers, such as Yahoo or Gmail, are also supported.
- Sign in with your email account by entering your password.
- To stay away from adding another account, press “Skip.”
- You’re done! Outlook will display your inbox.
To make sure that you receive all emails that arrive in your inbox, it is recommended that you activate the notifications after adding your Hotmail or Outlook account. If you use a mobile browser, you can also access your email by typing outlook.com in the address bar.
Benefits of using Hotmail
- Microsoft tools are free and available to everyone
- Navigation facilities in Windows
- A simple way to backup your Windows Phone
- Using the cell phone, you can speak directly to family and friends by email.
- Reads and types texts even when offline.
- Onedrive offers 15GB of additional data upload space.
- As soon as something new is entered in the entry box, your cell phone is notified.
- To-do lists and contacts can be organized in the Outlook calendar
- The Chat tool allows users to talk without connecting to another application
- Connect with social media via your email inbox
- As the message is updated on the cell phone, it can be viewed without mobile data or wifi.
- The next time you have an internet connection, you can add the item to OneDrive, and it will be downloaded without you having to repeat it.
- By entering directly or using your account, you can communicate directly without hesitating.
Problems Logging into Hotmail Account
It’s pretty normal to experience difficulties when logging in.
When creating your Hotmail account, you must enter recovery information, including your account password, if you forget it. If you ignore the recovery information and your email address, there is a way to open your Hotmail account again. Following are a few common problems:
PASSWORD OR EMAIL FORGOTTEN: You may encounter an incorrect password error when trying to access your inbox. By accessing the link, you can reset your password. You must have active recovery information in your account to do this.
- If you have forgotten everything and cannot open your Hotmail account, visit the following link: https://account.live.com/acsr to get in touch with Microsoft:
- If your identity cannot be verified, go to reset the password, enter your email address and click on “I do not have any of these tests.” After that, you can restore your Hotmail account.
ACCESS LOCKED FOR 30 DAYS. Suppose Microsoft detects that your Hotmail account has been compromised. In that case, it may ask you to change your security and recovery information of the Hotmail account, after which a 30-day security period must pass before you can reaccess the account. In this case, it could be a real threat.
PROFILE BLOCKED: Outlook blocks users who have committed a crime or whose accounts have been hacked. Regaining access by sending an SMS will require you to verify your Hotmail account.
If you are traveling or logging in from another device, Outlook could detect suspicious login activity. To authenticate your identity under these circumstances, you will need to use a recovery SMS or email.
How To Create a Hotmail Account
The most common way to access Outlook mail (Hotmail) is via the web, by accessing www.outlook.com or www.hotmail.com. Mobile and desktop devices can be used to create emails with the same method so that you can use an Android, iOS, or any operating system smartphone, as well as a computer with Windows, Linux, or macOS from a browser of your choice. Get started!
- This link will take you to the official page for email registration.
- Enter your email address as the Account Name. Note that another user should not already take the address, so choose from @ outlook.com, @ live.com, or hotmail.com.
When you click the “Next” button on an Outlook page, the page will suggest you choose another username or address (change the email if the previously selected email address is already taken).
- Create a password that is secure enough to prevent hackers from accessing it. Make your password challenging to guess! Consider using lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers, and symbols, if necessary.
A password manager eases the task of remembering multiple passwords for multiple users. A password manager is a computer application that saves all of your passwords on a web page, so you only need to remember the manager’s password.
- Press “Next” after entering your first and last name.
- Put your birth date in there.
- To verify your identity, you must enter the characters shown in the captcha image.
- No problem, if the characters are hard to understand, it can happen! A new image can be generated by clicking the “New” button. A sound can be heard by pressing the “Sound” button. Bots can’t automatically create accounts to spam using this method. Press “Next.” to continue.
- Excellent! Now that your Hotmail account has been created, your Outlook inbox will be accessed.
Difference Between Hotmail and Outlook?
The main difference between hotmail and the outlook is the platform which is made to support the older software such as hotmail and many more. The outlook operates as the name of the domain along with the application on desktop on mobile. However the hotmail is the name of the server which is owned by the Microsoft.
What is Outlook?
The Outlook is an online platform developed by the Microsoft to provide support to its mail service users (hotmail). So the Outlook operates to check the send and receive emails on your account. The outlook mail comes as the default in the Windows devices in case if you’re using device with other operating system then you can easily download it separately from its official website.
Outlook also has multiple features such as Calendar, Outbox, Draft, Inbox, Deleted Items and much more. With the help of the Outlook Calendar you can setup and reminder dates for your business meeting and appointments along with the commitments notes into the Calendar to save your time.
How Can I Speak To Someone at Hotmail?
You can easily contact Microsoft Hotmail Support contact number (+1 (800) 642 7676) using your mobile phone.
What Happens if I Can’t Recover My Hotmail Account?
If you cannot able to recover your hotmail account try to reset the login details such as password. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the password of your hotmail account. In case if you cannot able to recover your account then contact to the Hotmail support team and they will help your to recover your account.
How Do I Recover Deleted Emails From Hotmail Years Ago?
In case if you’ve deleted emails from your hotmail account years ago such as (10 Years). Then to recover those email you needed to login into your hotmail account and go to the Deleted Folder and navigate to the lost a message options and select recover delated messages and your can able to recover all the emails without having a hassle.
Be sure to create an account on your own. Registration must be completed correctly, logged in as soon as possible, and mobile applications must be downloaded.
This excellent guide was written for people unfamiliar with e-mail services, but it is available to everyone. Please feel free to leave a comment if you need help signing into your Hotmail account. Please feel free to comment if you have noticed any changes or just want to discuss them.